Holy Crap I didnt realize how heavy my bike was!!

RichPugh

Man... I knew over 500lbs wet was heavy but until I sat on a clients Ducati (He claims it is a 620 frame with a 900 engine bored to over 1000cc, removed oil coolers, etc... blah blah blah, says it runs 7's in the quarter LOL... I didnt want to argue) I never realized how heavy my bike felt! Holy crap, that Ducati was like a motocross bike! I want one now for fun locall inner city riding! He said it was close to 300lbs. The 620 weighed 370 dry and he says with all the weight saved from removing oil coolers, carbon swapped parts etc, its around 300. I couldnt believe how friggin light it was. if I can on get one and it's even remotely close to feeling as light as his, I think I will be adding a Monster to my collection LOL

Man... I knew over 500lbs wet was heavy but until I sat on a clients Ducati (He claims it is a 620 frame with a 900 engine bored to over 1000cc, removed oil coolers, etc... blah blah blah, says it runs 7's in the quarter LOL... I didnt want to argue) I never realized how heavy my bike felt! Holy crap, that Ducati was like a motocross bike! I want one now for fun locall inner city riding! He said it was close to 300lbs. The 620 weighed 370 dry and he says with all the weight saved from removing oil coolers, carbon swapped parts etc, its around 300. I couldnt believe how friggin light it was. if I can on get one and it's even remotely close to feeling as light as his, I think I will be adding a Monster to my collection LOL

The V11 is way heavier than Guzzi claim. A guy from the Guzzi Club GB took his to a weighbridge- I can't remember what the exact weight was but it was massively heavier than what Guzzi claimed- maybe it was about 260kgs from memory.

Even my Monster with all its watercooling is probably about 60kgs lighter than my V11- and 50bhp up! But who cares, I love my Guzzi cos its a Guzzi.

Guy :helmet:

I'll have to put mine on the scales at work one of these days with a full tank of gas. I've put the pod filters on & gotten rid of the smog cans but other than that its pretty stock. Of couse theres all that weight savings from the single plate clutch :D:not::whistle: My best guess with a full tank of gas is about 525lbs.

Greetings....

I am looking now at my weight slip from when I had my V11 weighed for registration purposes here in HI. With the additions of a center stand, and the Hepco Becker 30 Liter bags, it was 540 lbs. I think the tank of gas had 30 miles on it.

On the other hand, due to the center stand mod there is no longer a carbon canister, and my headlight mount is made out of extruded aluminum strap (until my Magni fairing gets back from the mainland). This may be a pound or two?

as usual, YMMV.

The Ducati monster is one of the lightest non-sports bikes around. The 400 cc version weighs 160 kg, and the 620 to 900 cc versions weighs only 10 kg more, with the radiator versions a tad more, all below 200 kgs. I reckon the V11 to weigh about 230 kg. My R1150 probably weighs the same or more, but it's lower weight cos of the cylinders' location, hence easier to manage.

Cheers

Cat

I do know one v11, where the owner claims to have taken the weight down to 185 kg if I remember. But there were some serious weight savings made. And costs made too.

This bike:

DSC01836.JPG

i can see titanium pipes lighter wheels and wave discs..but 185 kg?

185kg = approx 408lbs.

So you have about 115lbs to find.

Wheels/discs will probably account for quite a few, smaller battery the same. Ti exhaust will add probably the same amount of lightness as each of the previous. I suspect in those three things alone you will have saved the majority of the weight. But then it gets difficult......

Internal mods; bigger holes, lighter flywheel?

Helium in the tyres?

185kg = approx 408lbs.

So you have about 115lbs to find.

Wheels/discs will probably account for quite a few, smaller battery the same. Ti exhaust will add probably the same amount of lightness as each of the previous. I suspect in those three things alone you will have saved the majority of the weight. But then it gets difficult......

Internal mods; bigger holes, lighter flywheel?

Helium in the tyres?

I can see where 70lbs or thereabout could be shaved off the bike. I'd really like to see the list of mods & the weight breakdown of each to get to 185kg

The complete exhaust is titanium, the color is from titanium nitride, same as the fork legs, the heat made the color. Wheel spindles are titanium, the sidestand is tita too, you take it out, and it goes in the hollow rear wheel spindle. I think a lot of engine parts are exchanged for titanium. All tita custom made in eastern europe, where labour is cheaper.

everyone should have a Duc in the toy box.

.... :glare: dunno....

A couple of months ago, my bike was at the Dutch Luigi, my friend Dennis did give me his Monster just for one day. I did have a rally with some colleagues of mine…

Anyway, the Monster is indeed a fine bike, but just for ONE day.

There is there no soul in the engine. Looks like a bike for girls. Too easy…

Gnaaa, I want a wild bronco. Who is kicking and kinky.

.... :glare: dunno....

There is there no soul in the engine.

Gnaaa, I want a wild bronco. Who is kicking and kinky.

Hmmm..you should ride one like mine Antonio- see how long it stays on 2 wheels....

Guy :helmet: