exhaust cans

richard100t

I guess I'm just simple minded - I think the original question wasn't about what can be made to fit (anything obviously), and what are the results of exhaust modification (it depends), but simply what other mufflers are known to fit a V11? It would be nice to know what other bikes have the same pipe diameter as our V11's. Getting a pipe bent to go from the crossover to the muffler is a lot easier than getting one that changes diameter while it bends.

So maybe someone knows what other bikes have the same 51mm id exhaust pipes? Or just have slip ons for 54mm od pipe?

Thanks

Joe

PS, the guy answered my question about the inlet to those mufflers with "sorry but i don´t know the guzzi muffler conection"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anything is possible. Guzzi cans are the same as others just in the right diameter and angles(sorta) to mount up without modifications(if youre lucky) Go ahead but if they're not the right diameter you'll have even more fun with the connection pipe. :luigi:

of coarse ALMOST any can will fit as they are quite similar inside BUT you should always get your bike tuned after installation so you don't cause any problems. As long as you don't have to bend the pipe too much or go with a dramatically different size dia pipe you should be more than fine.

:stupid:

Ratchet is right, I agree with Ben.

I think the original question wasn't about what can be made to fit (anything obviously), and what are the results of exhaust modification (it depends), but simply what other mufflers are known to fit a V11?

I started this thread a few years ago and it is outdated, but probably answers part of the question.......

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=mufflers

Careful, DeBen. Looks like you've been reading Dave's posts. . . :o

Despite Dave's relentless clichéd dream world philosophy of, "bore it, stroke it, anyway you want to!", "The V11 Hayabusa Eater Lives!", the sky's the limit, wing it with wild abandon, cast caution to the wind, and full speed ahead -- it's not exactly "OK" to put anything you want on the exhaust without considerable trade-offs and consequences.

I'd be very careful about saying that you can run NO cans and "be OK". <_>

Whenever you make a muffler change, this makes a change in both the back-pressure and the resonant signature of the entire exhaust system. It makes direct changes to the way the heads flow. Much the same principles are at work when re-plumbing intake. Both sides, intake and exhaust, work together, and one affects the other. Re-maps are not always needed with a muffler change, but often are. If you run open pipes (no muffler) after having it mapped with any kind of "straight thru" muffler, you're going to throw the A/F off very significantly, you will lose significant power, and you may burn exhaust valves. :o

BTW - just my opinion, but the Quat-D's ought to be very critically analyzed before spending. They have been known to cut a huge hole in the powerband that's not possible to correct with a re-map, not to mention frequent reports of cracking. Ask Dave. He's undoubtedly got an unusually "creative" explanation for why he bought one, installed it, was disappointed enough to have got rid of it, and now wants another one. I do b'lieve many many hundred$, if not thou$and$ of $$ in dyno runs, programming gear, and the muffler itself were spent (and mostly lost) with literally nothing remaining to show for it in aftermath :doh: Without question, at possibly a 10-to-one ratio (or more), IIRC, more combined mapping hours and Forum hours in discussion were spent on it than actual riding hours were logged as long as the Quat-D was installed! :homer:

Any response from Dave on this is bound to have Dave's very best wicked backspin justification on it. Pull up a chair. :lol:

Yes the QuatD made the bike more fun to ride but stole power over 6000RPMS.

The newer ones are better.

I failed to follow Ratchet's advice to ignore dyno charts and traded to the Mistrals that gave it alot more HP over 6000RPM.

My mistake. I should have stayed with the Quat-D even if it stole the high rpm power.

The Quat-D exbox IS filled with magic....but that does not mean that like the cush rubbers, it cannot be made better. I think a two into one into two design would be better than the two into one design. Stereo sounds better than mono, and I know it would help it make more peak HP than the Quat-D version that I had.

guzzibrevapipe.jpg

how about this pipe?

Looks like straight pipes. How does it sound?

I've been itching to simply take the mufflers off my Sport to see what it sounds like. The two pipe stubs point out away from the back tire, so I see no problem with carbon discoloring anything.

Looks like straight pipes. How does it sound?

I've been itching to simply take the mufflers off my Sport to see what it sounds like. The two pipe stubs point out away from the back tire, so I see no problem with carbon discoloring anything.

its not a straight pipe, I was told that the end pipe in the breva is nearly a straight pipe to begin with as the Cat and all that is in the collection(aka Xover) under the bike and that it is only slightly louder, the owner made it himself with the help of a local welding shop. :bier:

try these guys Mivv x cone fitted them to my own bike, what a difference, even got stopped by a 916 yesterday to complement me on the sound, the guy also loved the bike and had never seen one before.

M006LC2a.JPG

• 2 months later...

I bought a pair of used Two Brothers high mount CF mufflers for a Honda RC-51 off ebay. They come with s-curve pipes the same diameter as the guzzi crossover. I cut the pipe between the bends and expanded them to fit over the crossover pipe (be careful it's seamed pipe). They mount to the stock hangers and fit exactly like the stock cans and pipes. I think they look great. The sound is awesome with the optional outlet restrictors, and very loud without them. They give a real nice "rap" when you goose it. :thumbsup: Joe

I brought it to a little no name muffler & repair garage, they didnt even charge me because I had to wait for the mechanic to return from a road job! I cut the s-bends right at the end of the first bend, so the kept piece was as long as possible. I may have been able to go a little shorter, and tuck the mufflers slightly closer to the bike, but this looks like the factory ones. I made hanger spacers from 1/4" black pipe, 1" long, and a few washers. The muffler clamps that came with the pipes were too small because the Honda pipe necks down at the end. I didn't want to cut the clamps off the MG mufflers, so I just used a couple of hose clamps. You have to slot the outer pipe to let it grip the crossover. I always put a little red RTV on exhaust connections, so no leaks at all.

I didn't need the 2-bros hanger brackets, either. The MG were just right, and I can still use the pass pegs.

I have't had to add a PCIII or any other reprogramming, but from what I've read on this forum, may do this over the winter. It runs pretty good, plugs still look the same, and there is still a little black soot on the outlets of the mufflers.

Here is the description from ebay:

This exhaust was taken off a wrecked 2006 RC-51 with less than 1k miles on it. It will fit all years RC's. This is a high mount exhaust will get rid of the passenger foot pegs. All mounting hardware is included with this auction.

Here are links to a few pictures:

http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/b2/a5/4219_1.JPG

http://www.imagesup.com/is.php?i=4246&img=IMG_3111.JPG

http://www.imagesup.com/is.php?i=4247&img=IMG_3113.JPG

http://www.imagesup.com/is.php?i=4248&img=IMG_3114.JPG

http://www.imagesup.com/is.php?i=4249&img=IMG_3115.JPG

http://www.imagesup.com/is.php?i=4250&img=IMG_3116.JPG