• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
Mivv X-cone, very nice sound

Oh my, that looks like the devil for sho, I think that fits the lines of the bike better too, Makes me want to change out my FBF carbons for'em :wub:

where do you even find those? anyone wanna trade for FBF cans? :lol:

Oh my, that looks like the devil for sho, I think that fits the lines of the bike better too, Makes me want to change out my FBF carbons for'em :wub:

where do you even find those? anyone wanna trade for FBF cans? :lol:

Caprimoto is where I got them, may be more suppliers now, these guys also do the cans for Repsol Honda moto GP bikes

BTW - just my opinion, but the Quat-D's ought to be very critically analyzed before spending. They have been known to cut a huge hole in the powerband that's not possible to correct with a re-map, not to mention frequent reports of cracking. Ask Dave. He's undoubtedly got an unusually "creative" explanation for why he bought one, installed it, was disappointed enough to have got rid of it, and now wants another one. I do b'lieve many many hundred$, if not thou$and$ of $$ in dyno runs, programming gear, and the muffler itself were spent (and mostly lost) with literally nothing remaining to show for it in aftermath :doh: Without question, at possibly a 10-to-one ratio (or more), IIRC, more combined mapping hours and Forum hours in discussion were spent on it than actual riding hours were logged as long as the Quat-D was installed! :homer:

I'll just say what I said in the other thread a short while ago – and others before that. The proof of the pudding for me is in the eating, not the analysing. The Quat-D from day one has been hugely enjoyable. It really, really increased my riding pleasure. I had already forked out a lot of money for Guzzi's Ti kit and I thought that I would swap back and forth with the two sets, but actually I never wanted to put back the Ti cans. They have a bigger, deeper sound of course, which is great, but the Quat is something different: it's equally as 'good' sounding in a different way, and in another way it's a bit more special. (As an aside (a downside), I commented a long time ago that the different frequencies from the Quat had an interesting effect when transmitted via my helmet. Unfortunately an irritating effect is created by the helmet / exhaust combination at some speeds, that is isn't there with full cans.)

There may be a performance deficit if dragging down a two-mile straight or peering at charts :huh2: but not on good-riding roads with other V.11s, especially when the :sun: is shining.

No worryingly huge hole in powerband, no great value in deep critical analysis – in my opinion / experience. And it's relatively cheap: my £200 Stucchi is now redundant, as well as the £800 Ti kit!