Who was it who wanted the stupid, fat wheel?

pete roper

dlaing is interested http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...11578&st=15

Mine even comes with a light alloy bearing spacer!

But it does have a lot of scratches from tire changes.

So, you might want to swap with one of the other guys.

Plus they probably want it more baddly :grin:

I guess all the narrow rims will come in silver, so you will probably want to paint it.

I don't care about the color not matching

I guess all the narrow rims will come in silver, so you will probably want to paint it.

I don't care about the color not matching

Well, it'll be a while before it's available as the bike has to get to or be got to Houston then while it's being re-clutched the wheel can be flogged out and sent to whoever wants it and theirs can be sent back. The whole poxy bike will probably have to sit in a corner for a while as it'll be getting its forks and shock sent of for overhaul and re-springing.

Like you Mr Laing I'm not too fussed that the wheels will be different colours. Anyway, I can fix that when I get back to Oz with a couple of cans off rattlecan black :grin: . Round and less than gouged is more important to me! Actually I think that painting or powdercoating them some colour to upset the purists would be most fun. Yellow, pink, lime green? :grin:

Pete

... I think that painting or powdercoating them some colour to upset the purists would be most fun. Yellow, pink, lime green? :grin:

Mmmm, yellow w/ the Scura's natural flat black would make for a nice "bumblebee" f/x! Me likey...

:thumbsup:

I've got a front and rear skinny set that could be sent off for powder coating prior to your arrival. I don't want a wide wheel though for the same reasons as you. Horse trading around would probably cure that. jma is the guy looking for the wider rim.

And what guy wouldn't? :P

Sorry, I tried to resist.

When you're hung like an elephant's trunk holding a melon 5.5 doesn't even start getting to the width!

Well YOU started it Haven :bbblll::grin:

Pete

• 2 weeks later...