How many miles *you* got?

zen_kick

bought in 2006 with 3200 miles

10550 miles now.

I have replaced the rear tire, removed the airbox, relocated the fuel pump and filter, set up the TPS, made a new taillight/license plate bracket, and had the gearbox recall done.

I will be changing relays, setting up the suspension, swapping in a brass temp. sensor fitting, and possibly installing headlight relays in the bucket in the near future.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now the Tenni is up to 68,800 km / 42,750 miles B)

I notice the "sweet spot" seems to have moved from about 3750 rpm to just under 5000 rpm.

maybe what they say about Guzzis taking a long time to break in has some merit :D

bought in 2006 with 3200 miles

10550 miles now.

I have replaced the rear tire, removed the airbox, relocated the fuel pump and filter, set up the TPS, made a new taillight/license plate bracket, and had the gearbox recall done.

I will be changing relays, setting up the suspension, swapping in a brass temp. sensor fitting, and possibly installing headlight relays in the bucket in the near future.

You say you relocated the fuel pump and filter. What did you do? where did you move them to?

I made a U shaped bracket that wraps around the frame spine and picks up the through holes that secured the pump. (my bike had the pump under the frame, and the filter above.) The pump and filter are now side by side on top of the frame, behind the original filter location. I think that this is the layout: Pump on left with the intake facing to the rear. Filter on the right, intake facing forward.

I thought I had some pictures, but I can't find any on my computer. I will try to take some soon and post them here. (actually, I may post them in the vapor lock discussion going on in technical topics, since it is a little more relevant there.)

Wish I knew. The odo has stopped a shade under 11,000 miles, probable mileage is still only in the region of 12-13,000.

It should have had in the region of 30,000 miles on it so far, but took a knock in so far as it now has a new engine. New speedo is waiting to go in, rear wheel bearings being done at the moment (how bloody much!), numerous minor electrical niggles, paint that may as well be tissue paper and a new gearbox breather. Hopefully passing it's MOT today and I'll have it back on the road tomorrow. Will be quite nice to have an alternative to a 1982 BMW for the miles I do, I just wish it could be as reliable as my Indian made Royal Enfield. Fingers crossed though I'm getting closer to the point where it's sorted.

Total miles on your V11: 30,300 miles and counting.

Years you have ridden it: 4 years, couple of months.

Miles on the clock when you acquired it: Bought it new, so like 3 or something.

Major rebuilds/repairs and approximate: Nothing major, Bad ECU, replaced under warranty 1st month. Have had the odometer on two speedos go bad, have a 3rd ready to install this summer. Then just normal consumables.

Ride more! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Bought December 04,4000km when I bought the bike.so they said, Speedo warranty replacement before I picked the bike up,so o km on purchase. 50.000km + 4000km = 54 000km as of this week.Changed cluch out before it f@cked up to a Ram unit.Filter K&N,with back cut out of box,straight through X over,Remus pipes,Cliff's ECU unit running closed loop.Innovate 02 sensor kit, Runs like a dream.Been running closed loop for 18 months now and bike pulls strong now from 60kph in 6th gear all the way through to redline.which it would not do before,Bike has been transformed.There's a plug for you Cliff. Best thing I've spent money on yet. Also heavier front springs cause im fat.and a heap of carbon+Pauls tail peice,Roper plate,home made carden bar,only using 6 rubbers in the cush drive and they are drilled,so I have some spares,I did that @ 10000km,and brass sensor,headlight relays.