From 4/8 to 11/8 I am in England with family. Wife and children.

Area Minehead.

Is there also a lot of water? I mean, is there any danger for me and my family???

There is the Bristol Channel- that's quiet moist! Seriously, you are well away from the floods there- in fact its quite hilly in that area.

I did my first ever camping trip on a bike to Minehead- on a Honda 400/4 when I was 18. My very attractive girlfriend of the time came with me- but unfortunately her Dad came too in his Ford Capri!!

Minehead itself is a typcial slighty tatty seaside town- fish and chips and slot machines- but Exmoor is beautiful- take some time out to explore the countryside.

Moormeetssea.jpg

Hope its better than the Aultguish where you are staying! :grin:

Area Minehead.

Is there also a lot of water?

I mean, is there any danger for me and my family???

Yes. You might fall down a mine.

Bring a rope.

Guy, Thanks for the replay.

We will stay in a cottage nearby Minehead. I think the small town is calling Old Cleeve, or something like that.

The cottage is of a friend of us.

She've already told us about the charms of the inside country as you have mentioned.

We are not going to go swimming up there, but to look out for some rest.

I appreciate the feed back you gives me but I am still disappointed about this meeting at Aultguish Inn. If I have to travel a lot (in a not to describe shitty weather) to go somewhere and getting there in a abominable condition and getting disappointed, (disappointed is a very, very soft word), I am seriously thinking about the worth of all this.

I am so sorry for my wife to all this. It is also pity to not make it better for her.

Well, I wont spend no more words about it...

Really....don't you think string would suffice? I guess it depends on the size of the family :huh2:

:D In this case, rope would be a safer bet, plus it means you don't have to worry about how long it is – as would be the case if a piece of string were to be considered.

Guest Buddy

This week the weather has been FANTASTIC - hope it stays like it for your holiday. Mineahead is the one third distant point of one of my favourite all day rides. Exeter to Dunster along the Exe Valley, then Minhead, Porlock, Lynmouth, Lynton (amazing road from Porlock) and back over the moors via Barnstaple.

Lots of good places to visit.

West Somerset Railway is a great day out!

Be warned about the local cider (can be as strong as wine) but you MUST try a pint of Exmoor Gold Ale. If God made beer - this would be it.

Buddy :):):):)