Griso 8V

antonio carroccio

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is that box below the RH barrel? An oil cooler?

It's the thermoplastic beauty cover/ductwork over the oil-cooler.

Not the brightest engineering choice Guzzi's ever made [a glass-reinforced thermoset plastic would have been a FAR better choice], but hey, they wanted to sell the bling-factor CF pretty-piece, which would be harder to do if all the original stock units didn't melt & turn ugly...

:grin:

:bbblll:

:wacko:

Ride on!

:bike:

For the records: Alessio Sissi will be the engeneer who has projected the new engine 8v

Abbiamo chiesto all'ingegner Sissi che sviluppi futuri avrà il Quattrovalvole e, soprattutto, che impiego nella gamma di Moto Guzzi.

Ecco la sua risposta: "Il 1.200 8V è davvero un nuovo progetto, abbiamo ora un motore leggero e performante. Il più potente mai uscito dagli stabilimenti di Mandello per un uso stradale (most powerful engine ever produced in Mandello) . Il suo impiego sull'Enduro Stelvio che presenteremo a Milano, è certo (the apply on the Stelvio, which we will present in Milan, is for sure). Tra l'altro il nuovo basamento permette di crescere con la cilindrata".

La concorrenza, in particolare tedesca, è avvisata.

Yes, there will be a new Stelvio with 8v engine

the same Alessio tells us:

The distribution camshaft in head light and is refined, could calmly - engineer Alessio Sissi says to us, in charge of this plan - exceed the limit of 8.500 turns tax from the limiter.

and for the debate if to call it 4v or 8v:

Griso 1200 8V, this the correct denomination of the motion. In Guzzi house they call it only “Quattrovalvole familily”, like the number of the valves for cylinder.

The engine is smooth and no, you won't find yourself thinking about having some more power; there is all the power you need to make it raise its front in third gear if you want...

What are you smoking, I want some :rasta: , raise the wheel in third gear? are you mad. Maybe unload the forks but I bet it has a lil trouble finding that third gear wheelie for a long wheel base, heavy, sport-touring at best position, don't get my wrong I Luv the Griso but the seating position left me more than unimpressed for my 6'2"&half frame it felt like the wrost of both worlds akward leg postion and stretched out arms I would need to ride it to see if it feels better at speed. I'll give you first gear but third is just wishful thinking :huh:

....This is quite an evolution to the already tuned 1200 cc engine that now puts out 110 CV at 9,500 rpm with maximum torque of 11 kgm.....

Isn't this referring to the existing 1200cc engine that the MGS-01 uses, rather than the new engine...? :huh2:

Guest goffredo

What are you smoking, I want some :rasta: , raise the wheel in third gear? are you mad.

Next time in Mandello, just ask for a demo ride with Cecco Micheli and see for yourself! :race:

G.

PS: he does wheelies with Norge and Cali as well...

I'll give you first gear but third is just wishful thinking :huh:

BTW: My V11 Sport raises its front in first and second gear with no need to burn the clutch. And it is absolutely standard, no tuning whatsoever.

G.

Tech specs for the new 8v:

tech specs

Get a load of the valve overlap! Must be running pretty dang lean w/ all the overlap to still meet E3 regs; I imagine there's a lot of power to be found once uncorked & fuel matched to best power vs. least pollution...

Get a load of the valve overlap! Must be running pretty dang lean w/ all the overlap to still meet E3 regs; I imagine there's a lot of power to be found once uncorked & fuel matched to best power vs. least pollution...

And with a 60 thou setting clearance! God's teeth!

Pete