Who is going to win the Rugby World cup?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too bad I only understand part of the rules...

You are not alone Jaap- the great thing is nobody really understands all the rules!

Maybe this will help- some of the terms used are listed in links on the right hand side of the page

Laws of the game

Looking forward to the France V NZ game tonight- NZ hot favourites but the French can be special and they will have plenty of fans in Cardiff.

I hope France win as I think England will front up better against them in the semis purely because they are French, and we will always want to beat them.

Guy :helmet:

What a exciting day- the World Cup is really warming up- two shocks in one day! I thought France were excellent- you can never write them off and they came back really well.

I wonder how the other semis will go? I can't really see another shock with South Africa- they must beat Fiji.

The Scots have a chance of upsetting the Argies maybe?

Next Saturday Helen and I are are hosting a post wedding party for friends who could not make it to our ceremony (we only had a small bash) and I will have to find some way of watching the England V France which kicks off at 8pm. Can anyone suggest a suitable excuse for me sneaking out for an hour and half is there is no telly at the venue? :huh2:

Feel free to join us if anyone is in the area- Huddersfield Ukranian club at 7pm!

Can anyone suggest a suitable excuse for me sneaking out for an hour and half is there is no telly at the venue? :huh2:

Something along the lines of, "Your attention, please, ladies and gentlemen. As many of you will be aware, I am a Goldmember of the V11 forum, and I shall have to leave for for no longer than 90 minutes or so to fulfil my obligations on that forum. I thank you." :huh2:

Well the answer to original question posed in this thread will be answered tonight!

Its not looking good for England I think- they've beaten Australia and France but I think the Springboks will be ready and not take them too lightly like the other teams did.

Win or lose, I just hope its a closer game than last time when the Boks thrashed England- thankfully I was in Sibbe and missed it (was it that long ago?). Paris is being flooded with tens of thousands of English fans and the chunnel is fully booked and has made a profit for once!

One thing is for sure- our forwards will give the South Africans a bloody hard time whatever the result!

gyi0050830973_3565_sq_full-lnd.jpg