MCN's pic of a 8v Griso

jihem

motoguzzigrisowhite.jpg

it's in MCN

this will be shown at the GMG, next week. Apparently, frame has been adapted and there are about 545 new parts in this 1200 engine.

I like it !

The rocker covers are quite bland though... I thought they'd try and make a feature of the fact its a 4v head.

I like it in white - mindst I liked that pale blue they did the 2v griso in.

I thought only Norges came in (refridgerator) white~ ;)

:D

I was thinking it was washing machine white on the Norge

I like the Griso's look in ant color... if it wasn't for that muffler :vomit:

pierre , I see there 110 hp, and technical specs from the 850 griso. The rest is the press anouncement, see that before.

Paul, from that article:

Although designed along traditional lines, the new engine is a celebration of the logic behind the 90 degree V concept. It features a single overhead camshaft that operates the four valves on each cylinder with noiseless timing chains. This is quite an evolution to the already tuned 1200 cc engine that now puts out 110 CV at 9,500 rpm with maximum torque of 11 kgm. (Emphasis added.)

What catches my eye is 9500 rpm. My guess is if you spun the Daytona motor that fast (with suitable cams) you would approach same numbers. Time tested method of increased power, spin the pump faster.

(edit) Or am I reading this wrong. Are those specs for the current 2 V 1200? 9500 rpm? I frankly have no idea what the 2 v 1200 puts out. Anyone know? Is the current 2 v 1200 rated at 9500 rpm?

well you have to make the air in and out efficient enough to have that power at 9500. My daytona has peak at 8000. And the guzzilla doesn't have it much higher.

It could be that they use a real big bore like the guareschi "bigbore", and short stroke. A duc 1098 does have it's peak at 9800 I think, short stroke, big bore.