Newbie Needing Help on Diffs Between Guzzi Models

Rob

It seems to me the worst aspect of the V11 & possibly all the spine frame models (1100Sport, 4 valvers, V11) is the crude rear suspension design, using a v short s/a. That, & a non-to-stiff frame lacking bracing (certainly on V11). Rear end has been addressed on the new models which also have a completely redesigned 6 speed gbox. What does that say about Guzzi's faith in the previous V11 6 speed box?

Of the new bikes, I only rode a Breva but that did feel like a more "modern" bike, gbox v slick, slightly gutless motor with a less visceral feel than the V11. Rear suspension felt much more sophisticated. I think the new models coming out of Guzzi are more thoroughly thought through than anything they did since the early 80's. But It depends what you want out of the bike. As Pete says, all Guzzis are pretty motoguzzi-ish...& nothing else is! Maybe it's down to price, availability of a good one local etc. etc.

KB :sun:

I have a 04 Ballabio that I bought as new old stock two years ago. I love that bike. It is one of the prettiest motorcycles that I have ever seen. It looks like a $25,000 bike. I live in Denver so I ride it in the mountains and it has plenty of power. Plus, I have Tekno bags on it, which makes it more practical. For the money I don't think you can get a better looking bike. The only new bike that comes close in my opinion is a SportClassic. My only complaints with the V11 are the lack of dealer knowledge and support (out here anyways) and the seat which I find very uncomfortable over 100 miles or so.

If you buy one you'll love it. I bought mine from Wichita Guzzi and had it shipped here. For the five hundred dollars to ship a bike I would look really hard at some of the inventories of the bigger dealers. I don't know how many new old stock bikes are left but you can get a smoking deal. I paid 8,000 plus $500 shipping and I got a two year factory warranty.

I have a 04 Ballabio that I bought as new old stock two years ago. I love that bike. It is one of the prettiest motorcycles that I have ever seen. It looks like a $25,000 bike. I live in Denver so I ride it in the mountains and it has plenty of power. Plus, I have Tekno bags on it, which makes it more practical. For the money I don't think you can get a better looking bike. The only new bike that comes close in my opinion is a SportClassic. My only complaints with the V11 are the lack of dealer knowledge and support (out here anyways) and the seat which I find very uncomfortable over 100 miles or so.

If you buy one you'll love it. I bought mine from Wichita Guzzi and had it shipped here. For the five hundred dollars to ship a bike I would look really hard at some of the inventories of the bigger dealers. I don't know how many new old stock bikes are left but you can get a smoking deal. I paid 8,000 plus $500 shipping and I got a two year factory warranty.

Does Erico still handle Guzzi ? They seem like a cool shop, although I've not done any business with them...

Buy any V11 that grabs your soul, and you won't be disappointed. Truly the only way to disappoint yourself with one of these bikes is to waste another season playing "What about this one?" instead of taking the plunge and getting in the saddle.

Mario and Garsdad---Dont worry, no playing for this dude. My gut told me exactly what you both put into words nicely.... I am now sitting in a hotel room outside Seattle after a 13hr drive, trailer behind pickup to pickup my 'new' 04 Guzzi Naked with fairing (yep the one on Ebay). And for all that advised me against changing the ergonomics willy nilly.... I promise to wait. Not a total stranger to the "cafe" position as a lifetime ago I bought a Norton in London and rode the hell out of it all over the UK. So maybe the MG will just feel like old home week. Anyway, I brought my helmet and cant wait to give this new beast a go tomorrow!