Breva/Griso frames

Baldini

I don't believe that any of the V11 Sports had the additional transmission to spine mount. When I rebuilt my totaled 2001 V11 Sport I used a 1996 Sport 1100i frame which has the mount tabs on the spine but the plate has about a centimeter of off-set for the Sport 1100i frame and it didn't fit. I didn't make a new one although I probably should have. My son has that bike now and he says it's wonderfully stable compared to the 2001 frame that the bike originally had. It has that 1 degree of additional rake and it steers slower so of course it seems more stable. A lot of sportier riders prefer less rake and quicker steering and I doubt they would use additional rake to cure what is probably chassis flex. My son is mostly commuting on the bike and I doubt that he'd encounter any situations where chassis flex would be apparent. I suppose too, that the grade/gauge of the metal used in the pre-V11 Sport frames might be different and account for some of the perceived difference. That's just speculation. Given that the Sport 1100i had better suspension components than the V11 Sport it is conceivable that the frame material of the V11 Sport was not as good as the Sport 1100's as well. I doubt that we'll ever be able to determine that though.

David, we mist you in Sibbe :huh2:

Where have you been? ;)

It would have been great to be there, but my bike has not been fit to go any distance and I don't have the time or space to be working on it. That weekend I was over in England: Bristol and London, plane and train.

I'm glad I got to the Scotland meet at the beginning of the summer. Hopefully catch you guys in 2008.