Coppa Italia to LeMans Conversion

joe camarda

Im interested in converting my Coppa Italia to a LeMans :o

Obviously the bodywork will need to be swapped and that is simple enough. I'm sure there is some bracketry associated with the LeMans fairing which should also be fairly simple. Ditto for the handlebars.

But beyond the bodywork and bracketry, will I need to be concerned with other bits such as the headlight? Headlight brackets? Anything else?

I apologize if this has already been discussed. If so, a pointer to the thread would be appreciated.

Its not easy, so Best of luck to you, might want to get new handle bars if I'm not mistaken and you'll need all kinds of fastening expertise, ALSO you will need the lemans headlight unit as the coppa's headlight housing is much too large.

Best to get it all from someone who took same off their bike. The Coppa headlight is the same size as the LeMans headlight. I think the adjuster is different, though.

Its not hard but will require a lot of additional hardware. Handle bars just clear the fairing. I am not 100% certain if the headlight will need a new skin in the back.

Also it would be nice to know if anyone has experince with cross fitting parts from other brands. For example MRA makes screens for V11 but is there another bike that has same shape screen? Do ZX6 mirrors fit? If yes from what model year? And so on. It would be nice if the owners that did that conversion chime in with some details

Im interested in converting my Coppa Italia to a LeMans :o

Obviously the bodywork will need to be swapped and that is simple enough. I'm sure there is some bracketry associated with the LeMans fairing which should also be fairly simple. Ditto for the handlebars.

But beyond the bodywork and bracketry, will I need to be concerned with other bits such as the headlight? Headlight brackets? Anything else?

I apologize if this has already been discussed. If so, a pointer to the thread would be appreciated.

There is a wealth of bracketry and fasteners involved- and I'm not sure if you would get the full benefit of the fairing's protection if you were riding in the more upright Coppa Italia riding position with the big handlebars.

I personally did not like the look of the Le Mans fairing and took mine off but am keeping it in case I ever need to sell the bike and revert it to standard. It does work quite well but is butt ugly IMHO but everyone's tastes are different- and mine are weirder than most!

When I converted my Le Mans into a naked sport, I fitted a Ducati Performance carbon nose cone which is quite tall and wide and gives an acceptable level of protection from the elements- but I can take it off in 5 minutes to make her naked again.

Good luck with the conversion but you may have have a tough job in finding a Le Mans fairing and all the other associated bracketry.

Guy :helmet:

Not a problem! Get someone to trade his LeMans for your Copa...

Howdy Carl, how's everything back in Oklahoma. If all goes according to plan, I should be headed west on Nov 1st. We have manager's meeting in OKC the next week. If I get to stay in OK I'll call and we can get together for a ride.

Phil

• 4 years later...

Hi to everybody

That's my V11 Coppa Italia with eMans fairing.

I'm proud of it and it is the only one in the world today !!

ManuelBig

Well, you should be proud, Manuel: the Coppa Mans is legendary and quite stunning! Best of all possible worlds, you might say! :thumbsup:

Hello manuel

Beautiful! Do you get acceptable wind protection with the fairing and the handle bars? I also could have liked this fairing on my Scura R. Easy paintjob for my bike too! Just need to find a black one and add a red stripe above the headlight.

Manuel, how much work and what parts to buy?

Ketil