A new one with a black beauty...

Guest Gerold

Hi Gerold and "welcome"...my childhood motorcycle memories revolve around a leather jacketed hoodlum type astride a fishtailed Harley. But I never did buy a H-D.

I'm content to be a leather clad hoodlum astride my M-G.

BTW..loved your introduction. You speak better English than half of California :P

PM sent re the valve covers. Joe

Welcome Gerold,

I think we all have some pivotal childhood motorcycle memory. When I was about 12, a teenage neighbor girl started dating this teenage Brando who would show up, leather-clad from head to toe, riding a '68 Bonneville. Although my Dad had always had bikes, and the other kids thought he was pretty cool, this Brando wannabe blew the cool-meter right off the scale. Me and my cohorts were drawn to this guy like moths to a flame while he regaled us with tales of motorcycle machismo. Later on, the Bonnie burst into flames while he was riding it, and although he survived, the Triumph went to its grave, ensuring its mythical status in our 12 year old minds. He immediately replaced it with an oil-in-frame BSA Lightning, which was really a re-badged Bonneville. Although the Lightning was impressive, it never quite reached the status of the legendary flaming Triumph Bonneville.

Ken

Gerold - a poet :notworthy:

From all the poetry comes a question; I am a new Guzzi owner and when I was out riding about last week getting the latest 200 miles on the clock I had occasion to pass a bevy of cars and as I approached the last in the bunch I noticed the oncoming traffic and made what I thought should be a swift return to my lane but the bike resisted my attempts and begrudging moved back to the right but not without shaking its head and waggling all the way towards the most rearward position. Is this the behavior of which you speak, Gerold?