My15M

Richard

Has anyone fitted one of Jefferies' My15M ECUs? If so, what is the verdict, please? Positives and negatives, please.

Richard

I've got the My16M (basically the same stuff in different casing) in my Sporti and I'm very happy with it. I just went closed loop just for the hell of it but it's excellent in open loop too. IIRC there are about a hundred out there all over the world and I don't think I've heard of anyone really disappointed with it.

If you just want to dyno it and forget about it, it has the disadvantage of not being recognized and understood by the dyno centers. I don't know how big a problem that really is. Anyway my feeling is if you're not the DIY kind of guy at all, it's not really the best option.

But if you are, and like being able to tweak just about everything, it's excellent. And closed-loop operation is awesome. Tuning experts complain you can't tune just by measuring O2. While this is true, I can tell you the overall drivability will be very smooth anyway. Also, we're not just measuring O2, a wideband sensor like LSU4.2 claims (aims) to measure lambda or A/F.

Anyway you just don't get every possible horsepower available unless you do a real tune with a much more advanced gas analyzer and an experienced tuner. I guess the ultimate solution would be to have an expert map it, then let the closed-loop operation compensate for minor variances. Or even just run it in open loop.

richard

i looked at these recently and had a chat with cliff. He seemed to really know his stuff. Also heard good stories through the moto guzzi owners association on NSW and Moto moda (pete roper, aka the wizard). I alos met a guy with a rosso mandello (same as mine) onthe way back from Philip island few weeks back who had one fitted. he was raving a bout it although, stilllearning how to use it/adjust it etc. He had every option including the dash mounted optimiser and lambda sensor so ha d a lot of potential adjustability; a good thing or a bad thing !

IN the end, i got my bike running perfectly with the stock unit so although im sure there are better units than can do more, teh stocker can work really well.

nigev11

]DSCF0870.JPG

Has anyone fitted one of Jefferies' My15M ECUs? If so, what is the verdict, please? Positives and negatives, please.

Richard

I got one .Have been running closed loop for 12 months now, trouble free.takes a while to get your head around it if yu a dumb barstard like me.But in the end it's basic sh#t.Best money I've spent on this bike yet.It use to ping it's arse off before,and when I stuck on Cliff's little baby I can get hold of any shitty old fuel,and it will not ping at all.Best thing is you can do any Mod you like and just tune it while your ridding.Two words,GET ONE.

Mark.G :bier:

I have one as well, since autumn 2004 if I remember right. 20,000km without any problems. This autumn I finally switched to a Mk2, the actual version is Mk3 as you probably know. I use it in combination with a WBO2 sensor unit.

I like it.

Hubert

I have a My16M on the V10 Centauro. I don't play with the mapping because I (you) can get a ready made map distilled from Phil Arnold's mega hours of work on the dyno.

Turned it from bike with a stumble at 3.5K revs and a distinct step into the power at 5K revs, into a torque monster from just off idle all the way to the rev limiter.

Open loop only and the best money I've ever spent on a bike.

GJ

Well, I sold my (very early model) My16M for my Sport 1100i after failing to make the bike run in a reasonable fashion. A month ago, I replaced the timing chain and tensioner on the Sport 1100i and now the bike runs as well as it ever did on the stock computer, which is to say, not awfully great but it does work. Since I don't have the My16M anymore but I do have a My15M (#2 I think) - but not a V11 Sport (gone to Phoenix area with my son Doug), I'm adding wiring to the Sporti to enable it to plug in a V11 Sport type computer. That means I'll be able to make a direct comparison of the older style spine frame to the newer computer, which is probably not an experiment of any great merit but should be somewhat interesting. At any rate, I have to install the dual output coils in the bike first (did that earlier this evening) straighten out and finish the wiring and give it a try. I suppose I should see if Dave L. will sell me his spare V11 Sport computer (again) so I can compare the two. If all of that works, then the next step is strip all of the paint off of the various body bits, get them painted again because the bike is definitely showing it's age and get the wheels powdercoated. At that point, I'll start going down the path of fine tuning the My15M. I'd do it now, but it's embarrassing to ride around on a bike that looks as ratty as the Bugswatter does at the moment. There's also the issue of getting it tuned so that the Mike Rich Stage II porting job doesn't suffer from poor EFI. As of right now, it runs almost normally (ratty idle and popping - it's always done this) up to about 4000 rpm, above that it tries to rip my arms out. I'm looking forward to trying it out with the dual plugs running sometime very soon.

I have a My16M on the V10 Centauro. I don't play with the mapping because I (you) can get a ready made map distilled from Phil Arnold's mega hours of work on the dyno.

Turned it from bike with a stumble at 3.5K revs and a distinct step into the power at 5K revs, into a torque monster from just off idle all the way to the rev limiter.

Open loop only and the best money I've ever spent on a bike.

GJ

I heard of those but thought he only made maps for 4-valve barrels. If he has maps for 2-valve engines too I'm very interested in comparing Phil's ignition advance table to one Luhbo has posted (which I haven't tried yet) and the one Cliff provided.

I heard of those but thought he only made maps for 4-valve barrels. If he has maps for 2-valve engines too I'm very interested in comparing Phil's ignition advance table to one Luhbo has posted (which I haven't tried yet) and the one Cliff provided.

Cliff started out building his ECU for a Sport 1100 Corsa, so yeah, he has maps for two valvers.

Cliff started out building his ECU for a Sport 1100 Corsa, so yeah, he has maps for two valvers.

Yes but no, I meant Phil Arnold! I've heard he made wonderful Centauro maps so if he ever made a 2V map it may be a good one.

Yes, I meant Phil Arnold! I've heard he made wonderful Centauro maps so if he ever made a 2V map it may be a good one.

Raz, Carl et al,

You betcha! :D And I believe he does.

Yesterday morning I set up a Centauro with a My16 with Phil's map for one our guys over here - the grin on his face when he returned from a test run said it all :bike::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: He later said of his 150 mile ride home on mixed roads:

"Biggest noticeable change is the smoothness at low & medium revs plus the extra grunt out of corners & it just flys when you keep it in third & fourth through the bends, makes getting the My16 worthwhile"

Phil is the guy to contact regarding maps for any of Cliff's MyEcus but you might not get a reply straight away at the moment - he has been doing a lot of additional dyno work and is preparing a Daytona to run on the salt - "The Great White Dyno" at Lake Gairdner, S Australia early next year.

GJ

Hello all,

I have been reading about the MY15M for some time now. Almost everyone who has put it on a V11 seems satisfied. The running seems much smoother.

What I am curious about is: are there more advanteges? Does it do anything for the powerdip at 4K. perhaps better fuel constumption etc. etc.

And last but not least: If put on a standard V11, is there any tuning neccesary or is it just plug-and-play.

Ofcourse the answer of Lubho is most appreciated, since he is most likely the farmost experienced V11 MY15M user.

Erik

The power dip is a function of the engine/exhaust/inlet. No ECU will remove it. The only thing you could do is to detune around the dip so that its not noticable. I don't think anyone would want to do that.

Better fuel economy is usual. I've had more than a few Centauros go from about 13.x l/km to 17.x with my unit. While a substantial increase ( 20% ), I don't think either figure is impressive myself. My bikes do better than 20 and sometimes I've seen 22. I'm sure I ride like a pussy but it would be consistant with me flying sailplanes and not flying the Red Bull air race.

Phil is the guy to contact regarding maps for any of Cliff's MyEcus but you might not get a reply straight away at the moment - he has been doing a lot of additional dyno work and is preparing a Daytona to run on the salt - "The Great White Dyno" at Lake Gairdner, S Australia early next year.

Thanks. I PM'd him here and tried doing it on GuzziExchange but that failed for some reason. He doesn't seem to be very active here. If you communicate with him, please mention our (my) interest!