I thought I'd start a thread to discuss the latest models being launched at EICMA this week. Guzzi's press conference is this afternoon.

Let's start with Ducati- they launched a completely new model Monster last night- the first new model being a 696.

monster-6.jpg

I'm not sure about it- I know it sometimes takes time to adjust to new shapes but its not quite right for me. I would have expected something a bit more daring from the designers- is this a little too boring? Apparently when the rest of the range is announced they will be aircooled only- there will be no fast Monsters any more.

The next model is the 1098R:

1098-R-2.jpg

This model has been built so that Ducati can go racing in WSB and BSB next year. Too fast and expensive for me, but it would be nice to take it for a thrash down the road- looking at about 170bhp at the back wheel. From a twin, that must feel pretty violent!

And there is the 848- a baby 1098 but with a claimed 134bhp at the crank!

848-1.jpg

I'm sure its fast enough, but if its not much cheaper than the 1098 then they won't sell many 'cos most punters want the biggest motor available. If its cheap enough, then it could sell well.

Looking forward to the Guzzis? Is there a surprise in store for us, or have we seen all the new models already? And what about the new Aprilia V4?

Guy :helmet: