So-Cal visit and bike rebuild?

pete roper

Any of you who inabit some of the other boards I regularly visit will probably know by now that I'm going to LA on the 22nd of November for a fortnight to rebuild a bike and suck piss with a few mates. If anyone in the general area is interested they are more than welcome to come and watch, yell abuse, interfere and generally make arses of themselves.

While the bike I'm going through is a 'Vert rather than a V11 the engines are so similar that it will make very little difference. If you're planning on a 'Long Term Relationship' with your V11 the time WILL come when it'll need rebuilding. If you'd like a first hand look at how a Guzzi pushrod big block comes apart and goes back together you're more than welcome to come and have a gurn.

Pete

Looking forward to some gurning and learning.

Will pay your seminar fee with a cerveza and maybe a taco.

As for sucking piss, either we have a continental difference of language, or I'll simply have to pass on the piss, and the sucking.

But if you like to drink beer with friends, this could be worth the trip from San Diego.

I suppose we can find details in this thread:

http://socal-guzzi.com/PHPBB/viewtopic.php...ghlight=chicken

Post some pic Pete, when you've done. Have fun there...

Antonio. I've already done a full photojournal of a big block engine strip and rebuild. it's available on guzzitech dk if anyone wants to look. I might get one done of the 'vert overhaul for people if they like but 'Verts are too weird for most :bbblll::grin:

Pete

LA is not quite in the neighborhood unless you're talking "Lower Alabama." Wish I could pop by . . .

I'm sure I got lost on this somewhere, but wasn't there some Yankee Scura in this deal?

Any of you who inabit some of the other boards I regularly visit will probably know by now that I'm going to LA on the 22nd of November for a fortnight to rebuild a bike and suck piss with a few mates. If anyone in the general area is interested they are more than welcome to come and watch, yell abuse, interfere and generally make arses of themselves.

While the bike I'm going through is a 'Vert rather than a V11 the engines are so similar that it will make very little difference. If you're planning on a 'Long Term Relationship' with your V11 the time WILL come when it'll need rebuilding. If you'd like a first hand look at how a Guzzi pushrod big block comes apart and goes back together you're more than welcome to come and have a gurn.

Pete

When/where will the actual circus, er, performance be held? If you're arriving the 22nd, that's our Thanksgiving holiday, so the airports will be jammed. Hope you like turkey or ham: those & TOFUrkey are about the only options on the menu that day anywhere in the U.S! :thumbsup: The following day, "Black Friday" is the biggest shopping day of the year, but fortunately I'm working it [i'm not in retail any more, thank heavens!] & get to skip the crazed holiday shoppers. The following weekend should be fairly quiet (maybe some toy runs,) & the weekend after that is the CWIMS motorcycle show in Long Beach. Just trying to give you an overview of what all is going on stateside over the same interval so you have a better idea of what *you'll* want to do. Dunno if the CWIMS show will be doable for you, but if you don't get much in the way of motorcycle "new models for 2***" down under, you might want to pencil it in...

Hope to get to meet 'n' greet while you're in Lo-Cal So. Cal. [where the money is plastic & the people are too!]

:grin:

Antonio. I've already done a full photojournal of a big block engine strip and rebuild. it's available on guzzitech dk if anyone wants to look. I might get one done of the 'vert overhaul for people if they like but 'Verts are too weird for most :bbblll::grin:

Pete

Anything that's markedly _different_ to the other engines would be useful. Many thanks in advance.

Pete

thanks Pete, i'm awaiting the receival of my ticket, to join as your humble assistant! :thumbsup: