RacerX

Epic Guzzi National Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming?

• Wouldn't miss it, even if on 4 wheels
    • Love to, but it's too far for me
    • Just simply can't make it

Van-

On your way to the Rally or on your way home, be sure to stop by the Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum:

http://www.motosolvang.com/

PS: They are currently listing this bike for sale for $8,500

1993_Moto-Guzzi.jpg

Don't know how to get to it... but there's also Guy Webster's

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1...annel=155872646

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly one month out to the National, folks!

Please, please, please get your Registrations in sooner the later... but no later then the week before the Rally. From June 21st on, I won't be checking e-mails or my mailbox, and "at the gate" registrations are *STRONGLY* discouraged, as we'll likely fill to capacity for camping. All of my info, or online payment is available HERE.

Look forward to seeing everyone here in sunny SoCal!

Sean, Guy's collection, now combined with Mike Taggert's car collection is at an all new place, and we have it scheduled for the group to attend from the Rally. It's a private collection/showing. Solvang is worth the time... he even has his Guzzi V8 replica! (Photos of both places can be found on the SoCal-Guzzi.com website).

So, how many spineys are actually coming from this list? Should I just just not produce a "Best Spine" show award?

So, how many spineys are actually coming from this list? Should I just just not produce a "Best Spine" show award?

At least we have enough Tenni for a "Best Tenni" award.

So, Counting and Assuming those of the 12 that have posted that they will presumably show, we have Todd, Jon, Don, and mason on Tontis, Van and Al on Tenniis, Joe, Mike, Gonzo, and myself on other spines, that makes at least 6 of the 10 of the 12 on Spines!!!

I better polish my V11 up for best of show, since it may be only one of six, I might have a chance to win!

Don't forget to register soon!

Guest Peter

So, Counting and Assuming those of the 12 that have posted that they will presumably show, we have Todd, Jon, Don, and mason on Tontis, Van and Al on Tenniis, Joe, Mike, Gonzo, and myself on other spines, that makes at least 6 of the 10 of the 12 on Spines!!!

I better polish my V11 up for best of show, since it may be only one of six, I might have a chance to win!

I should be there at least one of the days on my Tenni as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I picked up a boat load of coffee and paraphernalia from Cafe Moto who generously donated enough stuff to fill my wife's car half full.

Coffee drinkers please show your appreciation for their generosity to our community by buying their excellent coffee.

(I have been a fan of their coffee for years! plus their name and logo are cool)

http://www.cafemoto.com/

You can order online

Cafe Moto

or from their store in Barrio Logan.

2619 National Ave

San Diego , CA 92113

Store hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00-5:00 pm

Phone: 1.800.818.3363 or 619.239.6686

Looking forward to seeing the eleven of you at the rally!

It is not too late to tell your boss you need a week off.

Nearly everyone West of the Mississippi should be able to make it on short notice.

Those East of the Mississippi might have to pull a triple iron man.

You may only live once. It is better to regret what you have done, than what you have not done. Life is too short. Make your hay while the Sun is shining.

I hear the coffee will be good. :D

Adding Peter, we have got Todd, Jon, Don, and mason on Tontis, Peter, Van, and Al on Tenniis, Joe, Mike, Gonzo, and myself on other spines, that makes at least 7 of the 11 of the 12 on Spines!!!

Still no word on whether or not Pierre can make it....maybe he is the 8th of the 12????

I just discovered an air leak in the intake, so off to the garage...It would be shameful if one less spine can't make it...

Hi dlaing.... WELL ? :D

Due to circumstance beyond my control (dang job) I had to abandon my trip to Malibu. Now, a week later I find myself 15 miles down the coast from Malibu ( in Pacific Palisades) wondering what I missed.

I'm looking forward to seeing those photos (please)...

Due to circumstance beyond my control (dang job) I had to abandon my trip to Malibu. Now, a week later I find myself 15 miles down the coast from Malibu ( in Pacific Palisades) wondering what I missed. I'm looking forward to seeing those photos (please)...

Joe, you're a week/half too late. ;)

You on your bike? We're doing a ride tomorrow, Sunday in the SMMs. I'm just down in Santa Monica too, so come join us. Check the GT-SW Forum HERE for details - SoCal Ride, June 6th.

I'll let the few from this board that came give you their thoughts, but on my end, it was a success. I just nudged just beyond break even, so all's OK on my end. I'd wager this was the most expensive/logistical nightmare of all Rallies to date, but I wouldn't change a thing if I had it to do over again. Planning began one year ago, and involved numerous State Park Services, and 10 meetings over the last 7 months. needless to say when the day arrived, no one at the Park knew anything. Perfect.

I will say that I was largely let down on the attendance side of things... nearly 100 people that said they were coming, simply didn't. It makes it tough when you're trying to buy food/drink/etc. Really, when a National is within an hour or two drive, there's no excuse to miss it, even if mid-week. Simply come after work and participate. The Spine framers from this Forum had a very sad showing, IMO.

The track day on Friday was poorly attended as well (from a Guzzi standpoint), but that was expected really. Thanks to OregonAl for his tenacity to "do it all" - he's to be commended for sure, and thanks to DLaing as well.

Plenty of pics littered all over the net now, but here's mine; SoCal-Guzzi.com/Picasa - enjoy.

Now going into hibernation until 2009. Enjoy the ride guys.

Thanks, Todd! Erin and I had a total blast!

A couple pics of my Coppa Italia in "sport touring" mode as I traveled across the country to attend the National. 23 Days on the road, a little over 7,500 miles ridden.

I think I won the longest distance on a Spine Frame - alas, there was no award :homer:

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally005.jpg

Somewhere near Carthage, NC

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally007.jpg

Some pics from Talimena (sp?) Skyway.

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally035.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally038.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally039.jpg

West Texas is flat -- really flat!

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally074.jpg

So is south eastern New Mexico!

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally071.jpg

On Highway 191 near Alpine, AZ

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally091.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally092.jpg

Angels Crest Highway

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally148.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally140.jpg

Western Utah

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally162.jpg

Central/south eastern Utah

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally165.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally168.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally166.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally167.jpg

Colorado

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally169.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally171.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally172.jpg

Thanks, Todd! Erin and I had a total blast!

I had a great time too. It befuddles me to think that with such an enthusiastic group of folks we had a minimal showing in my view. I suspect everyone has a reason not to attend a rally, or even a track day-and they certainly shouldn't go unless it is within their heart to do so. But I think that when people verbally or otherwise commit to going and end up as no-shows, it puts a downer on the event to some extent. It also discourages people who would otherwise be willing in the future to take on the massive task of making it happen in the first place. Anyway I know that I had a great time meeting old and new friends, and particularly getting a chance to see what a Tenni can do on a track with a slow poke rider aboard. I even got to watch my brother hustle his loaded 1150RT around the asphalt. Thanks again Todd and the crew at Veloce. And in case any one will be going to the Oregon State rally in August, I'll see you there.

td2.jpg

td4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...