Dealing With Flat Paint

OregonAl

I just bought T119 with only 2200 miles. Of course I won't be able to ride until March or April due to the weather but that's life on the Oregon coast.

As I sit in the garage admiring the beauty of the bike, I can't help but be somewhat disappointed by the paint. I love the color scheme of course, but it is quite dull and does not respond to waxing very well. Should I just get over it or is there a solution that you fellow Tenni owners have come up with to wake things up a bit?

Cheers,

AlIMAGE_012.jpg

I just bought T119 with only 2200 miles. Of course I won't be able to ride until March or April due to the weather but that's life on the Oregon coast.

As I sit in the garage admiring the beauty of the bike, I can't help but be somewhat disappointed by the paint. I love the color scheme of course, but it is quite dull and does not respond to waxing very well. Should I just get over it or is there a solution that you fellow Tenni owners have come up with to wake things up a bit?

Cheers,

AlIMAGE_012.jpg

Two Tennis in the same state... I bought the Tenni so I would never pass myself on the highway, and now you've gone and ruined it for me! I guess I'll never ride hwy 53 again.

I just keep her as clean as riding will allow (that means I wash the bugs off occasionally). I think someone clear-coated theirs, and it was nice and shiny, but it lost something in the translation. I have some scratches, and have considered repainting her, but I would just go with the stock flat paint again. If anything, I might put a satin finish clear over it to protect it.

Just enjoy the fact that a week's worth of fingerprints won't make the tank look crappy.

Garsdad

Cheers,

AlIMAGE_012.jpg

That "flat green" is the whole point of the paint, my friend! Also, it won't show dust the way a shiny paint job does.

Learn to live w/ it & count your blessings!

Two Tennis in the same state... I bought the Tenni so I would never pass myself on the highway, and now you've gone and ruined it for me! I guess I'll never ride hwy 53 again.

I've never done 53, so consider it yours. I prefer 34, 199, 42, 38.... :whistle:

Al

Well it seems the consensus is indeed as I suspected that I need to get over it. Once she gets back out of the fluorescent lights of the garage, I am sure happiness will set in.

Thanks for the replies.

Al

A south-coaster, then?

Yup. Brookings to be exact. Right now the mighty Chetco is at flood stage, and that leaves my plans for salmon fishing on the back burner. Time to clean the garage and make the Tenni feel more welcome alongside the other bikes.

Al

Guest TippyRacer
It's not flat, it's satin.

Yes thank you, I was waiting for someone to say that. If you wax and polish it trying to get it glossy you'll just rub the paint off :bbblll:

Yes thank you, I was waiting for someone to say that. If you wax and polish it trying to get it glossy you'll just rub the paint off :bbblll:

Satin...

Soap and water it is then. I relish the thought of all the time I will save not having to polish and wax. Thanks again.

Hey, l think that the tribe has spoken, the :wub: Tenni looks just great as it is with that fantastic green sheen,

if you need a little more drama stick the suede seat back on or add a couple of little details, give it a wash, park it in the sun and voila !!

the most beautiful of all the V11's !!

149_4951.JPG

Oh sh@#^*t,

Jaap, why did you improve things! l was just ...sort of...gettting used to the old site,

oh well, folks thats a pic of my wife and daughter, so here l go again, this time with a pic of tenni #125.

:bier:

Cheers

Van

153_5381.JPG

153_5381.JPG

Oh sh@#^*t,

Jaap, why did you improve things! l was just ...sort of...gettting used to the old site,

oh well, folks thats a pic of my wife and daughter, so here l go again, this time with a pic of tenni #125.

Cheers

Van

Hi Van,

What kind of seat have you got on the bike?

Hi Van,

What kind of seat have you got on the bike?

Hi Al !

l bought my :sun: tenni :wub: with the stock black seat, then aquired the suede one, (which looks cool but in our wet climate is a non-start) l then sent off the black seat Rich Maund and he re-did it in two tone, black on charcoal with the tri-color stripes on both sides....l'm very happy with the result! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Van

say, as we are in the "same" neck of the woods we should get together at some point for a ride or what-have-you