Dealing With Flat Paint

OregonAl

Hi Al !

l bought my :sun: tenni :wub: with the stock black seat, then aquired the suede one, (which looks cool but in our wet climate is a non-start) l then sent off the black seat Rich Maund and he re-did it in two tone, black on charcoal with the tri-color stripes on both sides....l'm very happy with the result! :thumbsup:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

say, as we are in the "same" neck of the woods we should get together at some point for a ride or what-have-you

I may have to see what Rich can do for me..I wouldn't mind altering the black seat a little bit. And that's a really nice look on yours.

Between yourself, Garsdad and I in Oregon and whomever else is in California we could have a West Coast Regional Tenni Squadron Rally! :mg:

I may have to see what Rich can do for me..I wouldn't mind altering the black seat a little bit. And that's a really nice look on yours.

Between yourself, Garsdad and I in Oregon and whomever else is in California we could have a West Coast Regional Tenni Squadron Rally! :mg:

A West Coast Regional Tenni Squadron.........a squadron of :sun: Tenni's :wub: .....sounds good to me :thumbsup:

all l can do at this point in time is day dream about summer and riding again so any planing etc to help keep the winter blues away is great!

Cheers

Van

A West Coast Regional Tenni Squadron.........a squadron of :sun: Tenni's :wub: .....sounds good to me :thumbsup:

all l can do at this point in time is day dream about summer and riding again so any planing etc to help keep the winter blues away is great!

Cheers

Van

What we ought to do is get the squadron together and ride down the the National next June. That would put on a nice show for the non-believers. :lol:

You'd be hardpressed to outdo the Japanese Tenni Squadron :lol:

There's a picture of them somewhere with about 10 or 12 Tennis all lined up. :o

An impressive group indeed, but unlikely that they will make it to the National. B)

I guess that would depend on which national... they may be saying the same thing about us.

Not to diminish the impact of three fine Italian bikes thundering down a twisty back road, but how many bikes does it take to make a squadron?

I had no plans for the National at this point; I'm not much of a "rally guy" but the prospect of riding there en mass (whatever that mass may be) is somewhat intriguing... a group of three is about all the mass I can handle.

Not to diminish the impact of three fine Italian bikes thundering down a twisty back road, but how many bikes does it take to make a squadron?

I'm guessing a minimum of 4, but I'm not familiar enough w/ military designations to say. I suppose I could look it up, but just too lazy right now. ;)

Ride on!

:race:

I guess that would depend on which national... they may be saying the same thing about us.

I had no plans for the National at this point; I'm not much of a "rally guy" but the prospect of riding there en mass (whatever that mass may be) is somewhat intriguing... a group of three is about all the mass I can handle.

Well if we had four it would encompass 2.35 percent of the entire series production. Obviously three bikes is somewhat less but still significant, considering the odds of any more than even one of these incredible bikes traveling down the road together. Therefore I suggest that any more than two makes for a Tenni squadron. It could be fun indeed.

Al

I just bought T119 with only 2200 miles. Of course I won't be able to ride until March or April due to the weather but that's life on the Oregon coast.

As I sit in the garage admiring the beauty of the bike, I can't help but be somewhat disappointed by the paint. I love the color scheme of course, but it is quite dull and does not respond to waxing very well. Should I just get over it or is there a solution that you fellow Tenni owners have come up with to wake things up a bit?

Cheers,

AlIMAGE_012.jpg

It took some time but I used a buffing wheels and a very light compound on #105 to obtain a very nice smooth finish on that flat green paint. The geen is the same color but now can be waxed and looks much better than the original flat green. I would call it a simi gloss green now.

It took some time but I used a buffing wheels and a very light compound on #105 to obtain a very nice smooth finish on that flat green paint. The geen is the same color but now can be waxed and looks much better than the original flat green. I would call it a simi gloss green now.

post a picture or two, l wax my paint every now and then and would call it a sheen or satin finish rather than matt finish.

Cheers

Van