Unexpected problem - Suggestions/help will appreciated

FalcoLion

I haven't changed anything from the factory settings. I was thinking of changing Valve Clearences to World settings and getting to someone good to set up TPS.

With so many replies and most of you with decent Guzzi experience I would tend to agree that its possibly is a ping. I know that we have different gas formulation for the winter times but I didn't think that it would make such a noticeable difference. I only use Premium Grade gas and this time I filled up with Sunoco 93 Octane.

By the way thanks on mentioning that I can get vent hose from autoparts store. I will do that ASAP as well as getting brass (not cooper) male to male hose barb connector

If anyone has good Guzzi shop in mind in 2 hours radius (150 miles) from me I would appreciate to know

As John's Ryland post it looks way different then Guzzi workshop manual

Moto Guzzi Official manual

TankRolloverValve.jpg

John's Placement recommendation

Tipovervalve.jpg

If you look carefully at my placement suggestion, you will see that each end of the valve is connected the same way as the manual. The difference is the orientation of the valve: upside down from the way the manual implies it should be.

If you want to take a chance on my TPS/synch skills, I'm about 70 minutes drive from the GWB, and you're welcome to bring your bike over to my place. You've suffered enough-I'll do it for the fun of it. If you plan on doing valve clearance, do it ahead of time or at my place, if you have the time.

Take it easy, FL. These are very minor, easily fixable little "annoyances" at worst! B)

The Guzzi manual is not correct (or at least misleading) WRT the correct installation of the tipover valve. John Ryland has provided posts and illustrations of the correct orientation and ID of inlet and outlet here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=132990

Your local auto parts shop has vent tubing to match the inside diameter of what's on the bike. Please DO NOT use copper

That photo confused me. Why the loop in the hose? and which end of the valve is supposed to be up?

Hi Vlad,

I can come buy and check it out,I'll be at my apartment in the East Village for most of Dec.I got the pinging on the Scura and know what it sounds like.Unfortunately I'll be in Scotland(Glasgow,MacGuzzitis :bier:) till next week but can check it out when I get back.

Michael

That photo confused me. Why the loop in the hose? and which end of the valve is supposed to be up?

The purpose of the loop is to allow the valve to be attached such that the longer hose barb is pointing to the sky. The valve only permits flow from that end to the end connected to the tank in my picture, but it only permits flow if attached the way it is shown. Otherwise the internal check valve closes. If the valve is mounted with the longer end downward, it won't flow in either direction. Therefore the short hose which normally connects the tank to the valve has to be replaced with a longer one or lengthened.

Hi Vlad,

I can come buy and check it out,I'll be at my apartment in the East Village for most of Dec.I got the pinging on the Scura and know what it sounds like.Unfortunately I'll be in Scotland(Glasgow,MacGuzzitis :bier: ) till next week but can check it out when I get back.

Michael

Mike,

That would be awesome. Give me a buzz when you are available. 718-360-4531 In meantime I wil take my Falco out if weather permits

Thanks

Vlad

The purpose of the loop is to allow the valve to be attached such that the longer hose barb is pointing to the sky. The valve only permits flow from that end to the end connected to the tank in my picture, but it only permits flow if attached the way it is shown. Otherwise the internal check valve closes. If the valve is mounted with the longer end downward, it won't flow in either direction. Therefore the short hose which normally connects the tank to the valve has to be replaced with a longer one or lengthened.

Ok, gotcha.. thanks for elaborating

I guess freaking Luigi had too much grapa while compiling a workshop manual. I guess everyone has to drink large amounts of wine to get to the state of mind to come up with such stupidity in engineering. Thank god we got people like John (Ryland3210) so they actually try and figure this annoyances

:thumbsup: