GPS mount

dp.guzzi

I mounted my Zumo 550 on my Triumph 675 and my '04 Lemans in similiar fashion. It works perfectly. Unfortunately I do not the photos any longer but they can be viewed at www.triumph675.net. Click on "Forum Index" then "Test & Ride Reports" and look for "Touring on a 675." Towards the bottom of Page 1 there is a description of parts used and detailed photos.

You guys are all teriffic! Very knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks.

The one on the Triumph 675 looks like it blocks view of the instruments. The one on the Guzzi may work, but I like symmetry. I guess you can't have everything. I have to go to work now but later I'll look at the mounting parts that came with the Zumo. Thanks again guys.

sat_brkt1.JPG

Hi I spent quite some time looking at various methods of fixing for my Quest II, didn't have a lot of success so I fabricated my own. Used 6m/m thick alloy for the bracket, used 2m/m thick rubber between alloy bracket and base mount of body that sat nav clips into. No vibration or any other issues. Took a few hours to fabricate but well worth the time.

I just mounted a Zumo to my 2000 Sport with the RAM mounts provided with the unit. I was rather surprised to get the thing set up without buying more hardware. I did mount it to the leaft clip-on ( If you live in the UK you might want to mount the left-handed GPS on the right :huh: )

The hardest part was pulling tha tank and airbox to route the power cable.

I'll try to get a picture up . . .

IMG_4386.jpg