Al Roethlisberger

leafman60

Al, we need to talk to that girl ! She should have told them they had all kind of money and voted herself a raise !!

Hope it all works out .............. and it will.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John_Roethlisberger

Pardon me Moto Guzzi enthusiasts for this personal interruption...

Al, this is your brother, John.

Just like you I Googled your name (don't ask why!) and this was the first page in the results. And I have to say that I am heartbroken by the story in front of me. The idea of such a fine machine as the Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans sitting, all alone, unridden, in a garage just makes my heart sink.

Of course I myself do not own a Moto Guzzi, or any motorcycle, indeed I have never even ridden a motorcycle. However I simply can't bear to see a V11 LeMans be kept from the open road, and I feel fortunate to have even found this page and read this story because I feel like I am in a unique position to help. I have a solution which I think will please you, your wife and kids, and all the members here at this fine forum :

Give the motorcycle to me.

Yes I know, it seems deceptively simple and very selfless on my part, but really its no problem. I am willing to volunteer myself solely for the sake of this fine motorcycle. And I'm sure that all the people here at this wonderful community would be completely supportive of any plan to bring a forgotten V11 LeMans back out onto the road! (right guys!?)

Ok I can't do this anymore. I lied.

The truth is that I'm sitting here biting my nails while I create a budget for my upcoming years in college (btw I just got accepted into ULL yesterday. Yay. Go me!) and I just realized that my 15mpg (!!!!) Buick LeSabre is going to eat me alive because of rising fuel prices.

So, what is the very first idea that pops in my scheming and selfish mind you ask? "Hmm.... my brother has a motorcycle and he doesn't even ride it. Motorcycles have really good fuel economy... I think" So I Google "Al Roethlisberger" (looking for this old page just out of curiosity http://www.pashnit.com/bikes/V11-Lemans.htm ) and I ended up here.

But my offer still stands. I will take the bike off your hands, for free of course (hey I'm broke remember). But it'll be a good thing. Think about the bike's needs! C'mon! Also, I'm sure you wouldn't want to see your ONLY brother be indebted to student loans for the rest of his life purely because of a Buick LeSabre's insatiable thirst for gasoline now would you? .... Please?

Ok, I gave it my best shot.

Sorry for the interruption Moto Guzzi fans! Please don't ban Al or something on account of me! haha :P

John

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah yeah :rolleyes: .... with fuel prices the way they are, I think you might find shipping a little expensive John, unless of course you want to fly over and ride it back to Louisiana :P

But naw, the bike is getting put back on the road as we speak, and I'm still going to give my 110mile/day commute a try on it. We'll see.

Al

:thumbsup:

Yeah yeah :rolleyes: .... with fuel prices the way they are, I think you might find shipping a little expensive John, unless of course you want to fly over and ride it back to Louisiana :P

But naw, the bike is getting put back on the road as we speak, and I'm still going to give my 110mile/day commute a try on it. We'll see.

Al

:thumbsup: Right on!!

Steve