mg national in SoCal

Van

So at this point going to Malibu from here (Vancouver Island) is little more than a spark of an idea, sort of a twingle. or an itch. :rasta:

IF, l can get enough time....somehow convince the war department that this is really something l HAVE to do, ......recover financially in time from our daughters wedding in April, and all the other related real world obsticals in the path of me just upping and going to play with a buch of like minded fellows..............ahh the joys of the real world,

Anyway , who else is going from this part of the world??

could it be that 3 North West Coast Tenni's hook up and form a "flight" and strafe down the pacific coast highway to Malibu????

#125, Me in B.C. :D

#116 Garstad in Oregon

#119 Oregon Al in Oregon

then there is always the chance is hooking up with;

#115 Chevis in California

#129 Jonny C in California

#134 Peter in California

#137 Homere in California

not to forget,

#133 Tony Tenni in Idaho

#132 Francesco in Montana

#128 Felix42o in Nevada

could it be done??............

the stuff legends are made of.

like l said, at this point l'm only dreaming, but hey, l got to start somewhere

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Guest boabcomo

I've only ever seen one at a time. In fact I've only ever seen mine, (117), and the one at the factory. If it happens, lets see some pics please.

• 2 weeks later...
I've only ever seen one at a time. In fact I've only ever seen mine, (117), and the one at the factory. If it happens, lets see some pics please.

lt looks as if l will be able to go so that would make

119 Al

125 me

137 a new owner in SoCal

and you bet there will be pictures!

Cheers

Van

lt looks as if l will be able to go so that would make

119 Al

125 me

137 a new owner in SoCal

and you bet there will be pictures!

Cheers

Van

Very Cool, Van. Are you going to ride at the track day?

Very Cool, Van. Are you going to ride at the track day?

You bettcha!! :thumbsup:

l've always wanted to take a good bike around a track,

l have absolutly no illusions 'bout being Ago but would really enjoy the feel of letting the bike have its head :race: and not having to worry about the other idiots on the road, deer, or officer Bob Speed and his trusty radar gun.

Cheers

Van

You bettcha!! :thumbsup:

l've always wanted to take a good bike around a track,

l have absolutly no illusions 'bout being Ago but would really enjoy the feel of letting the bike have its head :race: and not having to worry about the other idiots on the road, deer, or officer Bob Speed and his trusty radar gun.

Cheers

Van

I need two days to get all the way down the coast, so I figure on leaving the Oregon coast on Monday for Wed arrival. How does that fit in your plans, Van?

I need two days to get all the way down the coast, so I figure on leaving the Oregon coast on Monday for Wed arrival. How does that fit in your plans, Van?

Hi Al,

still early, (l'm trying to get my brother from Dallas Tx to come along and play on his M.V.Augusta 910 Brutale) but aprox the same, except l'd need an extra day maybe 2 to get off the Island and down to you in Oregon.

What part of Oregon are you and what route do you plan on taking?

Cheers

Van

Hi Al,

still early, (l'm trying to get my brother from Dallas Tx to come along and play on his M.V.Augusta 910 Brutale) but aprox the same, except l'd need an extra day maybe 2 to get off the Island and down to you in Oregon.

What part of Oregon are you and what route do you plan on taking?

Cheers

Van

I'm on the southern oregon coast about 30min from the california border. I think taking the coast route down would be a blast, although there are some roads like 299 that cross to the 5 that might be worth traversing as well. lots of choices depending on time as always. keep in touch and let me know when your plans firm up.

I'm on the southern oregon coast about 30min from the california border. I think taking the coast route down would be a blast, although there are some roads like 299 that cross to the 5 that might be worth traversing as well. lots of choices depending on time as always. keep in touch and let me know when your plans firm up.

Hi!

on rough guesstimate l'll,

leave Campbell River Fri, 20th

Victoria Sat, 21st via Port Angeles ferry to Washington then either Olymic pen. coast road or Hood Canal to Rockway Beach Or.

Rockway Beach, Sun, 22nd to Gold Beach Or.

Hook up with you at that point or then abouts ???

Gold Beach, Mon, 23rd to ????

south to Malibu along coast via the Golden Gate Bridge

Must see's on way ??? .........totaly open........

l guess a couple of Kodak moments like Big Sur, Golden Gate, you know, the usual spots so l can say "been there"

kinda prefer some of the more unusual type things, don't eat fast foods on a trip, always at a Mom & Pop for food if l can, Motels are open, don't have to be too quaint, ...it's only a bed for the night, as long as its safe for me and the buzzy (the bike) and not too $$$$ ( l'm a cheap b@#%*!d)

Camping is great for the rally, but l plan on moteling it on the trip down and on the return.

Cheers

Van

Hi!

on rough guesstimate l'll,

leave Campbell River Fri, 20th

Victoria Sat, 21st via Port Angeles ferry to Washington then either Olymic pen. coast road or Hood Canal to Rockway Beach Or.

Rockway Beach, Sun, 22nd to Gold Beach Or.

Hook up with you at that point or then abouts ???

Gold Beach, Mon, 23rd to ????

south to Malibu along coast via the Golden Gate Bridge

Must see's on way ??? .........totaly open........

l guess a couple of Kodak moments like Big Sur, Golden Gate, you know, the usual spots so l can say "been there"

kinda prefer some of the more unusual type things, don't eat fast foods on a trip, always at a Mom & Pop for food if l can, Motels are open, don't have to be too quaint, ...it's only a bed for the night, as long as its safe for me and the buzzy (the bike) and not too $$$$ ( l'm a cheap b@#%*!d)

Camping is great for the rally, but l plan on moteling it on the trip down and on the return.

Cheers

Van

Your itinerary sounds about right to me, Van. Gold Beach is about 30 min North of me so if you head down early Monday morning we can saddle up and head down the coast. The ride down is quite good depending on fog etc. but you'll see some impressive sights among the giant redwoods and incredible coastal views. I'm not planning to camp anywhere including at the rally (I'll be staying at my brother's house in Long Beach) as my camping days are long past. If we stay somewhere north of the Golden Gate we can blast through it in the morning on our way down to Malibu. Staying on the 1 will take some extra time but it will be an neat ride. As far as eats go, I agree..local eateries rather than fast food is worth it. If I can find a place where items on the menu actually taste different from one another that is a good start.

I missed this thread until now. I'm glad to see a handful here getting excited about it. Having a large gathering of Tenni' would be amazingly good, and will make for some good photography/videography.

Also, the campground is now booked solid. If you were hoping to bring anything other then a bike, you're too late. Of course we will accomodate all who are riding in and will be camping.

We're @15 days out from the price increase on Mar. 1; http://www.socal-guzzi.com/2008NationalRegister.html

Be sure to read up on the "Relay to the Rally" here; http://www.nationalguzzirelay.com/

Come ride this road, and many like it;

SCGN08-72.jpg

:(
David, don't panic. I'm pretty sure Todd has plenty of spots left. Remember a lot of us (and Todd, I expect) got on the CA parks site early and nailed down large blocks. I assume Todd will parcel those out as people sign up.

The "too late to bring anything but a bike" comment I expect has to do with his advisal some time back that if you wanted to bring a motor home, you'd need to reserve a space for that directly with the park. I think that's what's going on.

So, have you signed up yet? Gonna' do the track day?