roper plate revisited

Dan M

Yeah that is the gist of it. I think one of the Right Things you could do with this is what Cliff does. Treat anything above 50°C as "we do not need a choke".

That sounds like a good idea to me!

The potentiometer solution, while fool-proof, is down right ugly.

But it has the potential to be an onboard optimizer.

For example if you want to flog it to keep up with your buddy on the Hayabusa, run it rich.

Same if you are stuck in a traffic jam.

And if you are droning down the highway for many miles, leaning it out could improve fuel efficiency.

Caught in a rain storm, set it to lean.

All done within sensible limitations, of course.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But it has the potential to be an onboard optimizer.

For example if you want to flog it to keep up with your buddy on the Hayabusa, run it rich.

Same if you are stuck in a traffic jam.

And if you are droning down the highway for many miles, leaning it out could improve fuel efficiency.

Caught in a rain storm, set it to lean.

All done within sensible limitations, of course.

Nah, I think the map should really take care of that. When you flog it you will use upper/right parts of the map, which should be tuned for power. When droning you will use the middle/left parts, which should be tuned for economy. A good map has practically no downsides in this aspect so you could just make it worse with that potentiometer!

Nah, I think the map should really take care of that. When you flog it you will use upper/right parts of the map, which should be tuned for power. When droning you will use the middle/left parts, which should be tuned for economy. A good map has practically no downsides in this aspect so you could just make it worse with that potentiometer!

But few have truly good maps.

Many of the PCIII maps are simply mapped to one or two designated lambdas.

When it rains the sensor will tell the map to grossly enrichen.

In a traffic jam, the sensor just tells it to run leaner :o

Altitude is under-compensated for at higher altitudes.

Cold temperatures seem to be over-compensated for.(which is the primary point of this side-tracked discussion)

But few have truly good maps.

Many of the PCIII maps are simply mapped to one or two designated lambdas.

When it rains the sensor will tell the map to grossly enrichen.

In a traffic jam, the sensor just tells it to run leaner :o

Altitude is under-compensated for at higher altitudes.

Cold temperatures seem to be over-compensated for.(which is the primary point of this side-tracked discussion)

Fair enough, it is a bodge and it works like a charm. Now I propose we end this here. But I'll be happy to discuss other sensor concepts in a brand new thread. I just re-read this one wondering how we ended up having this conversation in this thread and one thing I noticed is our latest ideas are not fixing our initial concerns :lol::lol:

badday.gif

cheers

:bier:

Fair enough, it is a bodge and it works like a charm. Now I propose we end this here. But I'll be happy to discuss other sensor concepts in a brand new thread. I just re-read this one wondering how we ended up having this conversation in this thread and one thing I noticed is our latest ideas are not fixing our initial concerns :lol::lol:

badday.gif

cheers

:homer: I often wonder how we get here from there.

I contacted MPH Cycles to find out if they stocked the Roper plate. According to Todd Haven they normally have them but are currently out of stock waiting for Pete's next run.

Any idea on when you might be sending MPH some new stock Pete?

Thanks

Just to get back to the original subject I had a post from Todd at MPH saying that there were people asking about availability of the plates. Well I'll be posting 10 of them off on Monday so they should be there in about a week but until then get off the cripple's case or he'll insert his prosthesis up your date :lol:

Pete

I contacted MPH Cycles to find out if they stocked the Roper plate. According to Todd Haven they normally have them but are currently out of stock waiting for Pete's next run.

Any idea on when you might be sending MPH some new stock Pete?

Thanks

There are ten in transit as I write this. If they aren't there by Friday it will be early next week.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the engine temperature compensation map tb95enginetempur5.gif

And getting back to the highjacked topic, anyone buy a MotoModa sheet lately?

I sent another 10 to Todd a couple of weeks back and most of the rest of the last batch have gone. Chris Craft, who posts here as RossoRC or some such ordered one a few months ago and although my records say it was sent it didn't arrive so I've sent another one out which I hope will arrive more promptly!

Other than that I've sold several to Europe and a couple more here in Oz.

As I've said before I'm sure if anybody has ANY problems, with either non arrival or installation I want them to pester me, publicly if they wish!

Pete

I sent another 10 to Todd a couple of weeks back and most of the rest of the last batch have gone. Chris Craft, who posts here as RossoRC or some such ordered one a few months ago and although my records say it was sent it didn't arrive so I've sent another one out which I hope will arrive more promptly!

As I've said before I'm sure if anybody has ANY problems, with either non arrival or installation I want them to pester me, publicly if they wish!

Pete

Recieved mine last week. Should find time to install it one night this week. :thumbsup:

Pete

Just received mine in the mail from the guys at MPH. They are very prompt and I was suprised at how quickly it arrived. I hope to get it installed soon.

Thanks again Pete.