The luggage question...

tripletom

I have mounted the Givi N141 WingRack to my 2000 V-11 Sport.

To that I mount a pair of E21 top opening panniers and a E52 top case in whatever combination I require....

It's a tad cold to get pictures (-40 C/F tonite) but I'll get some pics of the home-bodged mounting system on here ASAP. It's simple and it's stable and it doesn't look too much like crap! ;)

GUzzi_luggage_3.jpg

Guzzi_luggage_mount_2.jpg

We did a week long trip two up with ours with the hard bags, and the foot position and room were fine for the passenger. Because I used my Givi's and fit them to the H&B rack, I was able to position them optimally for that though. I'm not sure about the H&B bags, but I'm sure they leave enough room for the passenger. If you retrofit another type of case, you'll be able to put them (basically) anywhere you need them.

Thanks, if it's not too much trouble could you measure the width of the rack for me please? and also the width overall with the hard bags fitted?

Brian, I'd be interested in seeing your pics too please. Thanks guys

Guest Roadslayer

I've been using soft saddlebags since the mid-80s. My latest set is from RKA. Bought them for my new '02 LeMans. Softbags are nice because they're inexpensive at about $250 and lift off easily. Are fairly waterproof and last a long time. Maybe decades. I've never had a problem with security, even in third world countries. But a little caution is helpful. Give Richard and Kathy a call at,,,

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A14%20Photo%20G...tguz/model.html

My bike is the LeMans at the top.

'Cheers' Roadslayer :sun:

I went with Hepco & Becker.

I had a 40L/30L setup from my Quota, so I sourced a 30L/40L (BMW) set on Ebay and ended up with two sets of bags.

I bought the racks from Eurotech and installed them myself one afternoon.

As a bonus, the racks make nice tiedown points when hauling the bike, and nice lift points when changing rear tires without a rearstand.

Oh, and 2-up hasn't been an issue. No complaints from several pillions...

137040646-M.jpg

198861649-M.jpg

96619853-M.jpg

205858640-M.jpg

I've decided to go with some nice Givi thow over saddlebags so i'm selling my Teknic bags and racks. The bags are in good condition, with a very small amount of scuffing and they came with the racks for earlier V11's. You would need to do some fiddling to get the racks to work and they don't come with any hardware. I priced a set new, from Australia, at about $625 US shipped. Will take $225 for the setup.

John

jjshields01@snet.net

Well here is a deal on some Givi softbags. No relationship to seller.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/557889829.html

I've gone the soft bags route (chase harper) for 20+ years now, and think I will migrate to HB hard bags as soon as I find a good deal on a used set. It always bothers me on a trip when I have to worry about the luggage items being stolen out of an easily unzipped bag. Having said that, the soft bags are light and easy to move on/off the bike and have been quite durable as well.