I am somewhat stunned to learn that people were reporting and complaining about posts in such volume that Jaap felt forced to the action he took.

This is like going whining to the teacher, and is hardly adult. If you don't like a post / thread / person, simply don't read his postings, and don't respond. That's all it takes.

I received a really nasty PM from another board member last night, describing me as a "Libertarian w**nker" and inviting me to "eat sh*t". You know who you are, and you are a baby, really you are. You are of course absolutely correct. Firstly I am indeed a libertarian, and you need people like me to defend your right to ride your Guzzi in the face of some pretty enthusiastic anti-bike folk out there. Secondly, as a male human, I have been known to jerk off occasionally. What do you think the Hooters thread is for.

So, I'm letting it go on this occasion, and I haven't gone whining to Admin about being sent flame PM through this board. Just learn from it, don't do it again, and certainly not to anyone of a less stable disposition. Do it to me again and I will name and shame you.

It's amazing some insist they have a "right" to use this

forum as a personal pissing contest arena and that an e-mail or

posting could 'so' rattle your cage.

Why don't you go down to your local Guzzi dealers and strike up arguments

about politics and religion with the regular customers and staff.

I'm sure they and the owners will appreciate it as much as Japp

and the rest of us here do.

See the thing?

(really...your penis is huge :o ...now put it away) :bier:

The varied reactions to this email highlight a number of factors for all of us using this medium to communicate.

1 Tone is difficult at times to convey as far as aggression versus sarcasm versus perceived familiarity.

2. English is not everyones' first lanquage

3. People need to recognise that statements are not one-on-one, and personal reactions on a public forum will often be different than 2 people talking in a pub with no audience.

4. People read a "personal" email and have a "personal reaction" often before they have considered the medium used and the needs of the sender, and then continue to react even though they may know it isnt (in this case) about themselves but the group. (I know it's your PERSONAL EMAIL- but it also serves the function of a public web forum). In this case the personal email and public posts address possible past behaviour and is a reminder to us for future behaviour.

This is where the grenade method is less work intensive for the individual and has a dual outcome for the members of the forum.

We should have the ability as adults to see the message for what it was, and while our first reaction to it is understandable-a considered response should not really be laden with contempt, anger or shame if the message did not apply to you.

5.The grenade versus sniper method has had a much better outcome as it has included people realising and communicating the value this forum has for them, and appreciation of a person that plays the major role in making it happen.

6. Everyone has something to offer the forum, and I send my appreciation to all who have given much towards me enjoying the thing that brings all of us together here.

Cheers

Bruce

P.S Now everyone back to the cam thread so i can plan my next move for the Scura in March !

Bruce

You guys can all stay on probation. Just as soon as I find my Monopoly set, I'm going to use the "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. ^_^

PM me your address, & I'll send you a "Get Out of Hell Free" one. I got a bunch from This Is True a long time ago, & still haven't gone thru all of them yet. I always keep a spare in my biz card carrier, so when someone is having a really sh!tty day, I can cheer'em up.

Of course, the truly obtuse don't get it, but they need to be shaken, not stirred, as often as possible anyway, to get some sort of consciousness bump started...

or at least a sense of humour! ;)

been reading this thread with intrest,lots of moaning and groaning but also a lot of common sense being spoken

now this email has really stired up a hornets nest so heres my two'penneth worth

1 lifes too short,people are worrying about this email too much and reading too much into it

2 i think jaap was trying to let everyone know that the site sometimes go's way off topic and trying to pull it back into the line it was meant to follow

3 people are taking it personally when its clearly not meant that way (read the email calmly and think what jaaps trying to say)

4 we cant always like other peoples points of view,look at football,religion,politics etc to name but a few,but thats what makes us individual

i hope this kinda makes sense to everyone,theres bound to be people who will disagree with me but hey thats life,disagree with me in a way thats polite and dont resort to back handed,down right nasty personal emails as some people have said they have experianced

hey jaap(dont know you personally) but keep this site going,i know how hard it can be,how much time it can take up and i definatly know that point you must have reached "is it worth all this hassle" but in a few weeks time, weather will be warmer,people will get on with things and we'll be back to enjoying this site but most emportantly people may think about what they are posting and wether it's this site it should be posted on

ride safe

griff

got me body armour on :D

Guest Su15Flagon

Buonasera.

I'm 44,after all I don't think I need tutorship.

I tried the unsubscribe feature,but i could not make it work.

Please delete me from the member list.

Grazie,Francesco,aka Su15Flagon.

I may only be a sprightly 37, but I reckon Jaap's entitled to set the rules in his playground. If you don't want to play there, well, you can always go elsewhere.

Mind you, sending everyone and his sister an email may have been a little over the top, but it wouldn't ba guzzi website if things weren't a little over the top! :P

I've had some time to think about Nogbad's post and what to do...

This is like expelling an entire school class for the misdemeanour of one child. It is the same approach that Israel uses in the Gaza strip, and collective punishment is illegal under both the Geneva convention and the European Charter on Human Rights.

I had a vision of a schoolboy quoting the Geneva Rights to his teacher. :D Thanks for the laugh, Nogbad.

About going offline; You purposely wrote a political statement just to see this site go offline. I'm not giving you the satisfaction. I hope you just stay away.

• Like 1