One more parabellum pic

ALdad

Alan, you've clearly put lots of work into this. I both appreciate, and commend your efforts. FWIW, not that my opinion matters (how could it, it's YOUR GUZZI), but to me, it looks both well thought out, and well executed. :notworthy:

But what possible difference could it make to you if a very few people whom you've never met before (and will more'n likely never meet), knock it for the way it looks?!?!

Was your objective to appeal to the subjective cosmetic preferences of everyone who responds to your photo's here, or to make your Guzzi a more effective and enjoyable ride for yourself?

Just asking. :rolleyes:

Enquiring minds. . . (well, you know) :huh2:

I absolutly agree the best looking fairing for this bike is the mangi, however it is usless unless you are in a full tuck agressive riding position. That said I picked this bike and this fairing at the same time to suite my needs. At this time I can only fit one bike in my garage. I commute daily and plan to do some touring. This bike is easy to work on. Fully supported by a group of online fanatics with many different opinions on the technical , aesthetic ,and political aspects of life. People are what make this world interesting. If everybody looked the same we would get tired of looking at each other. I posted pic of my creation not to have my vision validated ,I am a well adjusted secure individual. But to offer up a combanation nobody has ever tried before. If you like it, great I am happy to share my experiance with you. If not it really does'nt bother me. Thats why there is chocolate and vannila and tuti fruiti . I think my bike looks retrofunk cool exactly what I wanted. Did I mention it is really comfy and work great !! I had'nt heard the word fugly before and I love it, it is now part of my ever shrinking vocabulary. Peace,Cheer Alan

I think the most accurate statement to this subject would be "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I know that a motorcycle to an enthusiast is a personal thing, and to never put the machine down in ear/eye shot of that enthusiast. That said, an enthusiast should never automatically assume that what he/she thinks is great actually is, or to try and convince everyone that it really is good looking, Do you guys know how many passionite Yamaha Virago owners there are? Lots. Do you know that there are people who think that an MV Agusta 750 is ugly? Well, there are.

General consensus of opinion always rings true, that's why a one bike commands more money than a similar bike of same vintage. It's usually because one is nice to look at and one is not. A Suzuki Madura of the early 80's, generally regarded as one of the ugliest bikes ever made, will never be worth as much as an early 80's Ducati F1 750, in general consensus one of the nicest of that vintage.

Steve

...I posted pic of my creation not to have my vision validated ,I am a well adjusted secure individual. But to offer up a combanation nobody has ever tried before. If you like it, great I am happy to share my experiance with you. If not it really does'nt bother me...

Well said Al. we need every well adjusted secure individual we can get! for what it's worth, looks to me like you did a great job of working in a large fairing, I like the way you got the screen lined up with the fork angle. The needs of an all weather commuter are completely different from a Sunday sports rider. :thumbsup: good luck to ya!

KB :sun: