Resetting Pin Removal?

Molly

Guest ratchethack

It's reverse threaded. Don't break it, and don't lose it. They've been known to be as scarce as hen's teeth. :o;)

It's reverse threaded. Don't break it, and don't lose it. They've been known to be as scarce as hen's teeth. :o;)

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Surprisingly the local Guzzi dealer didn't know.

I owe you a pint.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Surprisingly the local Guzzi dealer didn't know.

I owe you a pint.

I have a bulb out too, could you keep us posted on how it goes, and maybe post a tip or two about removal of the lens cover without messing things up?

I have a bulb out too, could you keep us posted on how it goes, and maybe post a tip or two about removal of the lens cover without messing things up?

Well, it was easy enough once I had the back of the clocks off but the oil pressure bulb wasn't faulty after all. Will have to look elsewhere...

OregonAl. You'll see once you're in there that it's straightforward. Back off. Bulb holders out. Swap bulb and back in.

Thanks again.

You can replace all of the bulbs in there with LED units EXCEPT the signal light indicator. That circuit reverses polarity to the bulb for each direction, so a LED will give you indication for only one direction or the other.......

You can replace all of the bulbs in there with LED units EXCEPT the signal light indicator. That circuit reverses polarity to the bulb for each direction, so a LED will give you indication for only one direction or the other.......

Not sure if you can change the fuel level bulb, I thought the thyrister in the tank required the current draw of a normal bulb to heat up enough? :huh2:

As for the indiators, if there is room you couldn't you put 2 LED's in,(one for each direction) ?

As for the indiators, if there is room you couldn't you put 2 LED's in,(one for each direction) ?

I think you would have some trouble fitting 2 LED units into that vicinity of the annunciator panel, but it's an idea.

I had a few "bad" buld that turned out to be poor connections at the base of the bulb. A little fiddle of the contacts and some cleaner was a quick easy fix.

Watch as you pull out the old bulb. Those receptacles will accept the bulbs in two ways: correctly, and 90 degrees off correctly. One way, they will work. The other way, they will blow the fuse. You need not ask how I discovered this.

Not sure if you can change the fuel level bulb, I thought the thyrister in the tank ...

Thermistor. Thyristors are necessary to make atom bombs, completely useless for fuel senders, AFAIK! :lol:

Good point tho', about keeping the resistance in that circuit stable... :nerd:

I had quite a few "faulty bulbs" on my Sport that turned out to be bad grounding. I soldered a wire to the metal base of the instrument cluster and grounded it properly. Solved ALL my bulb problems and made them alot brighter. FYI