v11 windscreens

Guest renaissance

Guest renaissance

Has anyone here ever tried the MRA touring windshiel? Its for a V11 LeMans with the frame mounted fairing. They say 2-3 inchs higher the the factory. Aero dynamics are a tricky business, and bigger isnt alsways better. The stock windscreen is good up to 70-75 mph, but above 80, my helmet is pushed up against my face. Does anyone know an option to this? Sold thru twisted throttle. Thanks Andy

Has anyone here ever tried the MRA touring windshiel?

My '02 LeMans was fitted with MRA touring when I bought it. Previous owner was my size 6'2" and said it was big improvement. Have not tried the stock windscreen. Even with this screen I'm ducking a bit to find a sweet spot if I'm at or above 80 mph for long.

Does anyone know an option to this?

Don't know of another screen that retains the LeMans aestheic.

1. A Honda Blackbird?

2. A twistier road. There are plenty of roads in my area that present a challenge at lower speeds so I would change the road before the windscreen.

I have the MRA taller screen on my 03 and like it very much. There is some side to side buffeting at high speeds but very little and within reason considering the speed. The fit was great , its a quality screen and Twisted Throttle was good to deal with. The only downside is the looks, not quite a sharpe looking as the stock screen but more effective.

Hello.

PO had an MRA installed. He's probably at least 4" taller than me. I'm 5'11".

I tinkered with various setups:

MRA, stock with Laminar Lip, stock, stock without edging.

Best results for me: stock without edging. Clean windflow about visor height.

FWIW - one of many things I've noticed - air much smoother with mesh jacket than winter textile.

:2c:

Another option...

Gufstaffson plastics

I have a +5" on my Lemans

Also consider SAENG winglets and microswirl edging. :bike:

Got anymore pix of your bike with that Gustafsson screen ???