How Much "Redline" HD Shockproof?

joe camarda

I figure the trannie will take about 740 cc.

Will the rear trannie box take more than the remaining ~200 cc...or do I need to buy another

946 cc (1 US quart) of this miracle drink?

BTW on page 164 of my MG owners manual the "level plug" is listed as the "filler plug" and vice-versa...Hmmm, makes you wonder what Guido drank for lunch :whistle: before writing the book.

Warmed it up and drained both.

The magnetic plugs looked not too fuzzy.

Judging from the amount of fluid that came out, I think I'm gonna need some more. We'll see tomorrow.

For those of you, unable to sleep and waiting with bated breath for the answer, I will post it tomorrow.

You'll need at least 2 litres/quarts as the rear box takes a bit over 300ml from memory. Can't remember the exact figures but this stuff isn't super-critical. Just fill the gearbox with the bike upright until the level is half way up the window and the bevelbox until it's at whatever it's supposed to be at? Bottom of the threads on the filler plug I think or whatever the book sez.

As long as neither are either grossly over-filled or under-filled it will be fine.

Pete

This would be a good candidate for a technical topic especially with a lot of us doing our spring fluid flush. :nerd: