This was Melina - a project I completed about 4 years ago - and regrettably wrote off about 3.5 years ago - never mind, got the pictures and memories - and scars!

What was it originally?

What models did it get its various parts from?

Bonus question

Where was the photo taken?

Melina.jpg

This was Melina - a project I completed about 4 years ago - and regrettably wrote off about 3.5 years ago - never mind, got the pictures and memories - and scars!

What was it originally?

Bonus question

Melina.jpg

I know what the bike is so will let someone else get the point...I have enough!

The pic is taken at Motori Di Marino in West Chiltington!

What was it originally?

Bonus question

Melina.jpg

Answer:

She was originally a Spada III, heavily transformed, using LeMans tank and seat, V7 side panels, Sport 1100 engine, Tomaselli clipons, Terozzi rear-sets, Borani rims and LeMans fairing. The picture was taken at Pietro's (well done GuzziRider!)

Future work was to have been larger pipes and cans (to accommodate the greater capacity of the 1100) and better fenders. I'd also intended to put Brembo Goldlines on her, but alas we became the victim of an old git in his Gitwagon R - the last thing I remember hearing before the ambulance arrived was "Sorry - I didn't see you!"

Melina_post_crash.jpg

RIP :(

Looks like a cartoon bike being shy or a bit coy.

Yes - I guess it does - if ramming a car at 45mph can be considered shy or coy!!! But I can see the funny side - the expression on the drivers face as I bounced off his windscreen was priceless!!!

ah come on now, bend it back out, lil spit, shoe polish, she'll buff right out :lol:

I'm also jealous as you own my dream bike, the one if presented with two doors behind one door the Desmosedici and the other the MGS-01 well I can't lie I'd take the desmo BUT only for one season of riding, sell it and buy the MGS-01(the true dream) a Stelvio, and a car :lol:

ah come on now, bend it back out, lil spit, shoe polish, she'll buff right out :lol:

I'm also jealous as you own my dream bike, the one if presented with two doors behind one door the Desmosedici and the other the MGS-01 well I can't lie I'd take the desmo BUT only for one season of riding, sell it and buy the MGS-01(the true dream) a Stelvio, and a car :lol:

Yeah - I fell in love the first time I saw him at Intermot, back in 2002 - ordered one then and there! Now he's racing in this year's Thunderbikes (not me in the saddle - I'm too fragile!!!) Picture is of him in 'the right colour'.

Akira_Black_04.jpg

Did Stelvio in 2004 on a cali 1100 - WHAT A BLAST! If you haven't done it, you MUST.

You said 'car' - my other love is The Borg - a '97 R33 Skyline, which is currently being 'upbuilt' to RB30 engine with upgraded turbos and nitrous - 0-60 in 3 secs, 0-100 in 6 secs - sometimes two wheels just aren't enough!

a skyline too? jesus, can I live in your garage and just buff for food, I don't take up much room

Providing you can cook I don't see a problem - I'm crap with a cooker - usually exist on ready meals and pictures of bikes and cars!