Best Pricing for Ohlins Shocks

al_roethlisberger

What with the front forks on the way... well maybe :huh2: ... anyway, was thinking about going ahead and getting the rear shock at the same time.

I like the Penske, and have heard good things about them, but since I'll have an Ohlins out front, I thought it just made sense to keep them a matched pair(kinda like tires ^_^ ) .... plus the Ohlins has that nifty remote preload adjuster :thumbsup:

So, does anyone have any recommendations on who has the best pricing for Ohlins shocks here in the USA? I don't mind ordering from overseas, but it sometimes is a bit more complicated, so I'd like to avoid that unless the deal is just too good B)

I saw some posts we made last year about some good dealers, but given that time has passed, I thought I'd pose this question again.

Thanks in advance :bike:

al

Yep, I ran across them and their pricing seems pretty good :huh2:

Although they don't seem to list the correct part for the V11 Sport. They have "V11" but they reference the 46PR... model, which has the piggyback reservoir.

I also had looked up the model for the Sport/LeMans in the past and it was the 46HRCS. So I've dropped them an email for clarification.

Thanks!

al

P.S.

And I think I *finally* have the forks on the way. I just scrounged Paolo's bank's SWIFT BIC off the Internet since neither his nor my bank seemed to be able to provide it :wacko: ...so the wire finally went through. I should have the forks in a week or two supposedly. Now I'll just have to get the axle parts, and find time to put it all together.

I like the Penske, and have heard good things about them, but since I'll have an Ohlins out front, I thought it just made sense to keep them a matched pair(kinda like tires ^_^ ) .... plus the Ohlins has that nifty remote preload adjuster :thumbsup:

So, does anyone have any recommendations on who has the best pricing for Ohlins shocks here in the USA?

Al,

I think you made a good choice going with the Ohlins shock to match the Ohlins fork.

I have bought two rear shocks and two sets of tires from EMA and they rock! :bike: Their tire prices are the same or lower than mail order stores and they are fairly local so you can pick up your purchases. Humm, they carry PVM wheels also. Time to pull out the credit card cha-ching.... :blink:

Mike

That seems like a very tempting price. Do they charge extra to fit the correct valving and spring for the rider's weight or is it 'one size fits all?'

Also, I couldn't find forks for the V11 on that site. Which Ohlins forks are the right ones for the V11 sport?

The shock is under Ducati, 46HCRS. They don't have the V11 Sport listed, as I've found many shops do not.

In regards to the spring, I've written them asking about the correct spring rate, and if I could order the shock with the correct spring. But I've not yet heard back.

If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

al

The shock is under Ducati, 46HCRS. They don't have the V11 Sport listed, as I've found many shops do not.

l

Kroon (link above) charge 560 euro for a Ducati Monster shock

while a V11 equalent i 760 euros.

Longer production runs for the Ducati parts makes for the

price diffence. The V11 shock is very short compared to most bikes.

You can't just buy a shock with the right numbers, and expext it to work, the 46hrcs number says little about the shock, Then the lenght is different, the internals too, a shock that works with a linkage, is completly different from one that is working without. Don't buy just any shock of it's not made for the v11.

cyclemall.net can order the v11 shock for you I suppose, I don't think they have all shocks and forks listed in stock. They can give you a price. You should have:

Öhlins shock absorber

Part No. MG 127

Type 46HRCS

Length 286 mm

Stroke 70 mm

• Type 46PRC with hose mounted reservoir, easy to fit where it is easy to reach.

• Fully adjustable single shock absorber.

• Improved cooling gives more consistent damping and longer damper life.

• Features compression, rebound and hydraulic pre-load adjuster.

H = Monotube with Hose mounted reservoir.

R=Rebound damping.

C=Compression damping.

S=Hose mounted hydraulic spring preload

And the 46 stands for 46mm