Ha, my bike is an unintended eBay celebrity

al_roethlisberger

We've seen it before, but usually someone "borrows" an image of a real person's bike to use it for a scam of some sort, especially via eBay :rolleyes:

So when I was browsing through eBay today for a simple search of "Guzzi", the following auctions made me do a "double take":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto-Guzzi-...emZ230235651406

Shown as a "reference" photo, is my bike, about 4 years ago, sitting in our old backyard in San Jose, CA. I think the photo was in the Pashnit article.

He's got the photo in about 5 current ads.

It's not a big deal of course, but it was funny to run across. But it does bring back memories. That photo was taken before I finished stripping the back wheel, and the new 2003 tank was installed B)

Al

Yeah, I saw that.

I knew I'd seen the bike here before.

He's using it as a default image for all his auctions for "service manuals"...

<_>

(great looking bike, BTW)

...and an image well worth pilfering, as it is a stunning example of the V11, plus also has a level of general internet recognition. It was the first, and most in-depth write up on the model that I found when my quest for a V11 Sport/ LeMans began...Congratulations, and spend the royalties paid for the use of your image wisely :lol: Later, S.H.

well Al unitendedly sold me and several others on their V11's I sometimes wish I could have found a lemans for the wind protection but my sport has a nice street fighter look and feel to it.

no one's using my images for listings I'll tell you that much but once I get the tail and fender back from the painter they might ^_^

:stupid: :stupid:

I started monitoring this forum a couple years ago. It seemed a nice place with knowledgeable folks doing interesting things with their time and money. I bought an '02 Le Mans, largely because of Al's example. There seemed a lot to do, and I have learned a lot in the process. The option to simply buy a bike with more power and better handling has little appeal.