No low beam

Admin Jaap

Yesterday evening I discovered that my low beam headlight didn't work. Replacing the bulb didn't do the trick.

From the big connector behind the headlight to the bulb it's okay, we measured. The low beam doesn't get any juice.

Luckily my bike is in my brother's workshop for maintenance and he has more than average electronical knowledge.

I already downloaded Carl's wiring diagram for him to start investigating, but it would be a great help if maybe one of you has had the same problem and perhaps even has a solution.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

To say the obvious I suppose – what's happening at the switch?

(When you say that the connector to bulb is ok, you mean that there is continuity through the bulb, from the connector, i.e. the problem is not a bad bulb holder connection?)

Connector from left handlebarswitch loose(under tank)(? ALL other light things working?

Everything else is working, hi beam, fuel pump, etc, so the relais are okay, I guess. And if the connectors under the tank are loose it won't start at al.

I think I'll open up the LH switch gear, maybe it's corroded.

Thanks for the input

From the switch the low beam wire is yellow with a green stripe. Goes through only one connecter (12 pin) before the headlamp socket. Check for power first at the switch then at the connecter. You are getting power to the switch if the high-beam works. Does the parking lamp work?

Everything else is working, hi beam, fuel pump, etc, so the relais are okay, I guess.

Hi Jaap,

If you haven't already, I would try swapping the relays around. It's quick and it's free!

Good luck,

Steve

Guest frankdugo

can,t hurt to open up the switch.even if that,s not it at least you can clean up in there.maintence matience maitence

My money is on the 12 way connector under the tank.

The four way connector is better sealed.

If it was the switch, wiggling it would likely activate it, unless it has been dead for a long time.

But yah, it could be the switch...

In any case, a good time to add lighting relays to bypass the load away from the switch(es), away from the starter relay, and provide better light.