Fuel Pressure Regulator

DougInMA

I believe my fuel pressure regulator is in need of replacement. MG wants to sell me one for about 250 USD which seems a little pricey... this does include the aluminum adapter that attaches to the tank, but I really just need the regulator. The regulator is a Weber RPM 40. Does anyone know where I could find the Weber part or some other replacement?

Thanks,

Doug

I believe my fuel pressure regulator is in need of replacement. MG wants to sell me one for about 250 USD which seems a little pricey... this does include the aluminum adapter that attaches to the tank, but I really just need the regulator. The regulator is a Weber RPM 40. Does anyone know where I could find the Weber part or some other replacement?

Thanks,

Doug

Hey Doug,

Why? Is it leaking? If so, where from? There is an o-ring that gets gummed up and can leak. A clean up will fix that. Unless it is leaking from the vacuum port it is probably OK.

Thanks for the replies.

There is a slight leak at the regulator and I have cleaned the o-rings. I think what I need to do at this point is check the fuel pressure. On cold mornings last fall, gas started leaking from the fuel injectors. I replaced the o-rings on the injectors, but this did not fix the problem. I was assuming that it might be the regulator.

How do I check the fuel pressure? Is there a low cost tool that would allow me to do this?

Doug

You can probably buy a very cheap one in an auto store (you'll need a Y junction too) or maybe better borrow a more trusty one at some repair shop.

It's not leaking from the bottom of the TB's? Does the engine seem to get a rich mixture?