Axle Nut

OregonAl

And the hex opening on the housing side is 14mm :thumbsup: A 1/2" allen will do, but is a bit small for the perfectionists among us :nerd:

14mm is nearly identical to 9/16" if you can find one. :nerd:;)

The 9/16" allen wrench i tried yesterday did not fit. After the bench grinder, it fit..... Get a 14mm socket on a 3/8" in drive from a tool vendor. You can keep it in your tool kit. Same goes for the other sizes. They are more compact that allen wrenches and you can use extensions, breaker bars, ratchets,etc. on the same tool.

The 9/16" allen wrench i tried yesterday did not fit. After the bench grinder, it fit..... Get a 14mm socket on a 3/8" in drive from a tool vendor. You can keep it in your tool kit. Same goes for the other sizes. They are more compact that allen wrenches and you can use extensions, breaker bars, ratchets,etc. on the same tool.

Now you have a custom cut, one off Guzzi axle tool! I can't imagine it took too much massaging to fit it.

After tiring of going into the bike's tool kit every time I needed the 14mm hex, I bought a 14mm-3/8 drive socket from my Snap-on dealer just a week ago. $24.77. gulp.