hard hitting forks

renato

This does NOT sound good..... Do you own a parts and service manual? You might contact MG Cycle. I thiink they repair Marzocchi suspensions.

Agreed not good, and i'd hate to have something shift while riding and leave me with locked forks. I've got all the manuals, read the old threads, and posted because I had't heard of an "uncenter-able preload spacer" as a potential culprit for suspension woe before.

MG is a good idea, I've also got a local suspension guy if need be. Hopefully it won't get that far...

UPDATE: looks like it was an upside-down preload spacer. The slotted washer/cap on the spacer seems to have deformed it's top, and puttiing it in upside down caused it to bump, or catch on the slider on the way down. Nuther one for the "live 'n learn" files.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, one more question, re: setting the (100 mm) air gap - done with spring and spacer out and damper rod in ?

TIA !

Yup, air gap is set with springs and spacers out and damper rod in.

I have the same forks as you and I found a 100mm air gap was a little small for me after my spring swap. I took a little oil out of each leg to get more usable travel. Since it's easier to add oil than to remove it you might want to start with a 110mm air gap then add some if the fork bottoms too often.