V7 Classic - new Info

biesel

They really should have used the big engine for this bike. They are missing a great opportunity to sell this against the Classic Series Ducatis. It does not stand a chance with the small engine.

Steve

A chance of what ???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the looks of this bike.

My wife hasn't been totally thrilled with the MZ (I love it, however). I've been thinking about looking at getting her something different to ride, along the lines of a Bonnie. I think this V7 Classic is much nicer looking than the Bonnie, however. Power and weight wise, the V7 is virtually identical to the MZ. If the small block Guzzi runs smoother than the MZ thumper, that might be a good selling point for my wife.

At any rate, I'd love to take one for a test ride...

__Jason

Guest Victor/Euro Moto Arizona

I like it, but they won't get them to the US in time. I'm going to be in the market for a retro styled standard and will probably do a Bonneville Black. I don't mind that it's a small block either, for it's intended use, it's fine. I really didn't have much to complain about the Breva 750's that I've ridden.

I like it, but they won't get them to the US in time. I'm going to be in the market for a retro styled standard and will probably do a Bonneville Black. I don't mind that it's a small block either, for it's intended use, it's fine. I really didn't have much to complain about the Breva 750's that I've ridden.

My nieghbor is thinking about selling his 06 bonnie black it has what i think to be the stage 1 kit done already (jets british custom pipes and air box) It runs real good if you are instrested pm me maybe cut a deal He done some other stuff to turn signals diffrent seat and tail light new meaty tires. I think its a really sharp nicely done bike.

Later

Brent

They really should have used the big engine for this bike. They are missing a great opportunity to sell this against the Classic Series Ducatis. It does not stand a chance with the small engine.

Steve

Yeap!! I agree.

A chance of what ???

Performance wise, which will ultimately be a determining factor by a larger majority of the bike purchasing public than we can all imagine. This machine WILL be compared, if not by bike magazines, but by potential buyers. Maybe not you guys, but many others. The output of this engine is sad actually, less than what was the slowest 'retro' bike out there, the Hinckley Bonneville.

Nice looking bike yes, but I say it would be much more popular with 80-85 hp.

Steve

Steve,

The V7 Classis specs out real close to a Bonneville. If Guzzi prices the bike with the Bonneville it will sell.

If Guzzi do a big block retro using the Tonti frame it will be another $15,000 Guzzi. Whoopie... Just what they need in thier bloated lineup...

I can tell you that I would buy a V7 at $8k and be a happy camper. I would be buying a nice middleweight standard. Not a racebike or competitor for Ducati's SportClassic line.

Guzzi SHOULD be building a bike "like" the V7 Classic with the big block engine. The Bellagio should have this bodywork instead of the mis-mash that they gave it. That doesn't change the fact that Guzzi need a stylish and cool entry level machine in the lineup. The V7 Classic fits that bill.

Personally, I think this bike shows how clueless the Piaggio clowns are.

First, they do not even know Guzzi history. It mimics a V7 sport, not a V7. Does that really matter to the market? Probably not. Maybe they even knew this but avoided the name V7 Sport Classic because then the comparison with the Duc SPort Classics would be unavoidable. CLue up, Piaggio: The comparison is unavoidable in any case, and your bike doesn't compare very well.

Here's what does matter to the market: It's way underpowered and overpriced compared to its competition. I'll be stunned if it actually gets to the US at an MSRP of under $11,000. It's dead at that price. It's dead at any price over $9k. It's only chance is as a replacement for the Breva 750, brought in in numbers that allow a sub-$9k price.

I agree, Greg.

Piaggio are nuts if they price it any more than a T100 Bonneville.

Personally, I think it needs to MSRP in the USA at around $7,990.

If they price them against the Ducati SportClassics in the $10,990 range, Piaggio may as well not even bring the bike over here...

Looking at the specs i think its a bonnie compeditor rather than a Sport classic compeditor. The small block motor is quiet a bit smaller than the big block and uses different transmission and swing arms so its not as simple as slinging a big block at it. If you really want spoked wheels adjustable suspesion get a Bellagio and sling a tank and seat at it.