Battery Relocation?

slug

Guest ratchethack

For all those inclined to ever so creatively pursue a better world through modification of their Guzzi's, here's yet another great walloping stretcheroo of an "open minded" justification for putting the battery in its own trailer (as previously mentioned). ;)

With the remaining unused space in the trailer not taken up by the battery, there's a perfect home for a port-a-potty! Now after you've thoroughly digested that semi-luke-warmed sandwich you stored under the seat where the battery used to reside, there's no more concern about the inevatibility of when nature suddenly calls on the road :blush: , and there's no public facilities to be found! :o Whilst moto-skedaddling through the woods, no more concern about having to look for a stack o' pine cones for lack of sanitary paper, either -- you can carry a whole case in the battery/potty trailer! :cheese:

I'm actually startin' to get the hang o' this "open minded" extreme speculation thing. Once you start wildly shootin' off in all directions, the possibilities very quickly become virtually limitless! :lol:

post-1212-1209650617.jpg

post-1212-1209651044.jpg

post-1212-1209653066.jpg

For all those inclined to ever so creatively pursue a better world through modification of their Guzzi's, here's yet another great walloping stretcheroo of an "open minded" justification for putting the battery in its own trailer (as previously mentioned). ;)

With the remaining unused space in the trailer not taken up by the battery, there's a perfect home for a port-a-potty! Now after you've thoroughly digested that semi-luke-warmed sandwich you stored under the seat where the battery used to reside, there's no more concern about the inevatibility of when nature suddenly calls on the road :blush: , and there's no public facilities to be found! :o Whilst moto-skedaddling through the woods, no more concern about having to look for a stack o' pine cones for lack of sanitary paper, either -- you can carry a whole case in the battery/potty trailer! :cheese:

I'm actually startin' to get the hang o' this "open minded" extreme speculation thing. Once you start wildly shootin' off in all directions, the possibilities very quickly become virtually limitless! :lol:

Excellent post!

One other benefit of dragging a porta-potty is that it adheres to the principal of

Pack it in, pack it out.

Isn't that for mustard?

Americans prefer horrifically sweet sauces on the pork chops and cocaine between the pork chops.

But if you can make money smuggling mustard, more power to yah! I guess the Irish are desperate for the stuff, and if it is illegal if it is from France, you could have an excellent market.

I suppose if you were in England you could pull up alongside Rolls Royce's and simply ask, "Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?" :P

...and Slug should devote his spare time to making better use of that dead area in the fuel tank. What about a little wine cask in there, with an outlet tap from the bottom right corner of the tank? Gets rid of hip-flasks in chest pockets, lowers/centralises the weight. 97 octane house red. Win-win.

On the other hand, a secondary fuel tank in that corner would also be useful. Feed it back out into, say, a hip-flask: empty hip-flask into main fuel tank. Extra fifty miles range. Bob's your uncle. This solution by-passes the horrendous double-vortex push-pull recirculation problems that plagued previous attempts at solving this problem.

Is it dinner-time yet?

...and Slug should devote his spare time to making better use of that dead area in the fuel tank. What about a little wine cask in there, with an outlet tap from the bottom right corner of the tank? Gets rid of hip-flasks in chest pockets, lowers/centralises the weight. 97 octane house red. Win-win.

On the other hand, a secondary fuel tank in that corner would also be useful. Feed it back out into, say, a hip-flask: empty hip-flask into main fuel tank. Extra fifty miles range. Bob's your uncle. This solution by-passes the horrendous double-vortex push-pull recirculation problems that plagued previous attempts at solving this problem.

Is it dinner-time yet?

I still think there has to be a convenient method of running an internal siphon from the dead zone side to the fuel outlet side of the tank... It might be a pain & 1/2 to get in place & functioning, & even harder to reset if run totally empty, but I really do think there's a workable solution to this fiasco of unusable fuel... <_>

Guest ratchethack
I still think there has to be a convenient method of running an internal siphon from the dead zone side to the fuel outlet side of the tank... It might be a pain & 1/2 to get in place & functioning, & even harder to reset if run totally empty, but I really do think there's a workable solution to this fiasco of unusable fuel... <_<

At first blush it would seem simple enough, but I've sprained me brain on this one many a time. Without holing the tank again, with attendant sealing problems of working with plastic, and unless you engineer a relatively sophisticated "hose within a hose, internal over the hump return" contraption, I ain't sussed it yet. :wacko: Now if you solve this one, Skeeve, I reckon you'd be trumping the famous Skeeve fast idle/seat latch spring swap by a couple o' levels on the Guzzi Genius Recognition Award scale. . . :notworthy:

At first blush it would seem simple enough, but I've sprained me brain on this one many a time. Without holing the tank again, with attendant sealing problems of working with plastic, and unless you engineer a relatively sophisticated "hose within a hose, internal over the hump return" contraption, I ain't sussed it yet. :wacko: Now if you solve this one, Skeeve, I reckon you'd be trumping the famous Skeeve fast idle/seat latch spring swap by a couple o' levels on the Guzzi Genius Recognition Award scale. . . :notworthy:

I don't know if there's only one solution involved to this dilemma: the short-frame "chin pad" tanks w/ external fuel pumps/regulators are likely to be a significantly harder nut to crack than the later long-frame tanks w/ their internal widgetry [which means there's at least one fairly large hole to access the inside of the tank besides the fuel filler hole...] Of course, my own immediate thoughts are along the line of a line of fuel hose rated safe for complete immersion [check over at Wildguzzi or Guzzitech forums for discussions about Norge fuel pump failures/recalls for more data related to failures brought on by alcohol in our fuel stateside] w/ some lead fishing wt.s on each end, a pair of long bent-nose needle nose pliers, and some sort of plugs that will safely dissolve in gasoline but will last long enough for one to invert a line of gasoline-filled fuel line, insert thru the bung hole beneath the gas cap, route one end over each side of the internal hump, and then wait... A couple of hours later, once the plug material [of at present unknown composition] dissolves, voila'! - a nice siphon from the dead zone to the live side, that as long as the fuel level never drops below either end of the siphon [obviously, no spirited cornering when you're almost out of fuel! ;)], will automagically balance the fuel levels internal to the tank.

What temp does gasoline freeze at? Maybe just filling the line (inverted), freezing the whole darn thing on a block of dry ice or in a thermos of LN3 (if you can scam some locally; I'm going to have to start nosing around the labs here @ UCI... :nerd:) would work instead of worrying about some esoteric plug dissolves-in-petrol-at-a-certain-speed-but-safe-to-burn-once-in-solution material? Hmmm :huh2:

Ah well, I'll let the thoughts simmer longer...

:lol:

Guest ratchethack
Ah well, I'll let the thoughts simmer longer...

:lol:

Say Skeeverino! This sounds vaguely familiar. . . Oh, yeah:

post-1212-1210100187.jpg

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer."

- Ace Ventura (Jim Carrey)

My son was about the right age at the time the movie came out, y'unnerstan'. . .

Anyway, your time's up. ;)

I was lookin' f'er something as simply elegant as the S3 (Skeeve Spring Swap). :huh2:

Dissolving unidentified plug goop in the tank and the risks & probabilities of not ever breaking the vacuum in an internal tank siphon somehow sounds just a tad sketchy and um, convoluted to me?? :whistle: