As Guzzitech has got a bug, I can't post there, unfortunately. So I'll post here. -_- Not that you guys would know anything about the toolery required by MODERN sophisticated motor cycles. ^_^

So

The opulent toolkit supplied with my Griso 8V has a few items extra to the list in the User's Manual. The Manual shows:

• one toolkit pouch, nice
  • one screwdriver
  • one fuse-puller
  • one open-ended spanner
  • two Allen keys

:rolleyes:

Here's what I got. It must have been packed by Santa

because there are these extras:

another Allen key

a box spanner

and a mystery item. :bier:

:wacko: What on earth is the cable with the eyelet ends for?

2428605593_977ea86a5a.jpg

This is no tailgate hook-up! I said, this is sophisticated! Look at the sleeving up at the top end. :nerd:

Spare ground strap? What material are the end loops made of, and what do they look like on the other side, flat? :nerd:

They're alloy and they're rounded profile.

Ah ha. It's a helmet lock cable?

There is a steel rod spur-finger-what would you call it? welded to the frame under the seat, the purpose of which I could not see. The cable eyelets must slide onto it. I'll check tomorrow. So why the fancy shrink-sleeve at one end of the cable? :huh2: Must be to ensure that the cable-cover sleeve is tight to both ends and no cable wire is exposed, though I can't see why that is crucial.

A point to me, Bendy, you dirty rotten multi-voting poll-cheater.

I was going to say helmet lock cable. I got the something similar with my Monster.

As for the shrink tubing, it looks to me like the person putting it together, umm... measured once and cut twice - in stead of the other way around. Must have had an extra half bottle of wine during lunch.

__Jason

If it really is a cable to lock your helmet they would have been better off spending the money on giving you some proper tools.

What did you get with the Stelvio?

I was going to say helmet lock cable.

WHEN Bendy gives me my point, I'll share it with you.