Hot weather jacket

Tom M

Thanks for the opinions guys. RevIt and Vanson are a little outside my budget so I guess I'll stick with my Cortech/Tourmaster mesh jacket for now, unless I happen to find a real good deal on a perforated leather or leather/mesh jacket.

Hi Tom,

Since your in Ma,you could go to the Vanson factory and either find a close out or have one custom cut.Which is what I did.I have a vented model jacket and standard pants and have been wanted to buy a full perf set when funds become available .Vanson by far has the best quality leather,buttons and zippers that I have seen and I've owned and tried on many different brands.Not your least expensive option,but what are our bones and skin worth?A friend is visiting this week and temps are expected to be around 90.I'll be wearing the Vanson! @$600.00 PS Their leathers are still made in US,don't know about the mesh stuff.

I also wore a Fieldsheer everyday,all year round for about 8 years and believe the leather quality and thickness is great for the price .The Airspeed 4 looks good for $329.00

Very impressed with the Rev-it stuff,pricy but Very well made.Igniton looks great too.US rep shares a garage with me in NYC,maybe we could workout a group buy?Anyone interested?

Hi Tom,

Since your in Ma,you could go to the Vanson factory and either find a close out or have one custom cut.Which is what I did.I have a vented model jacket and standard pants and have been wanted to buy a full perf set when funds become available .Vanson by far has the best quality leather,buttons and zippers that I have seen and I've owned and tried on many different brands.Not your least expensive option,but what are our bones and skin worth?A friend is visiting this week and temps are expected to be around 90.I'll be wearing the Vanson! @$600.00 PS Their leathers are still made in US,don't know about the mesh stuff.

I also wore a Fieldsheer everyday,all year round for about 8 years and believe the leather quality and thickness is great for the price .The Airspeed 4 looks good for $329.00

Very impressed with the Rev-it stuff,pricy but Very well made.Igniton looks great too.US rep shares a garage with me in NYC,maybe we could workout a group buy?Anyone interested?

Hi Michael,

Does Vanson have some kind of seconds outlet at their factory? That might make it worth the ride down there. I know they make great stuff but I just can't justify dropping that kind of money when my Cortech/Tourmaster jackets seem "good enough". I like their Magnum leather jacket up to about 85*F. After that I use one of their mesh models, but as I said the mesh doesn't look like it would protect me much in a fall. It sure is comfortable though! And it has to be better than a "wife beater" and a mullet :grin:

I'd be interested in Rev'It if something was available at a BIG discount ;)

I've been out on the Mojave and Borrego deserts many times in summer when the temps have reached 110-120F according to the local desert town weather reports. With a full suit of Vanson perforated leathers and all the armor options in place, I'm as happy as a clam -- as long as I keep moving and properly hydrated. :thumbsup:

BAA, TJM, & YMMV

I second that. The Vanson perf jackets are awesome.

Hi Michael,

Does Vanson have some kind of seconds outlet at their factory? That might make it worth the ride down there. I know they make great stuff but I just can't justify dropping that kind of money when my Cortech/Tourmaster jackets seem "good enough". I like their Magnum leather jacket up to about 85*F. After that I use one of their mesh models, but as I said the mesh doesn't look like it would protect me much in a fall. It sure is comfortable though! And it has to be better than a "wife beater" and a mullet :grin:

I'd be interested in Rev'It if something was available at a BIG discount ;)

The Vanson factory is kind of hit or miss. Sometimes they list stuff on their website that is on special, but more often than not, you just have to go down and look through the racks.

Last time I was there getting the wife fitted for her jacket, I picked up a pair of Sport rider leather pants for about 2/3rds what they list on their website for so you never know what you'll find. You could try calling them, but I'll bet with our hot weather coming, your best chance of a cheap perf jacket from them would be in October.

Agree that Vanson is expensive.But for maximum protection,their the way to go.Also second the thought on going directly to factory.Good excuse to to get some clams and a Pinot Grigio and make a day of it.

For the extra couple of dollars,the Vanson will last you for many,many years.Maybe a lifetime.A good VALUE in my opinion.

That said,I cant recommend the Fieldsheer stuff more in the mid price level,if their quality hasn't been downgraded since I bought mine.

My :2c: worth on all this: Being in the Pacific NW, you get to see just about every riding situation known to man. For the warm weather days I love my Joe Rocket Sonic. Good Armor, great ventilation, its very well made, and it fits perfect. When its cold and wet, I have a Belstaff Mercury, which is probably the closest thing to perfection that exists for a all weather riding jacket. I have the usual closet-full of assorted jackets, but those two are the only ones that seem to get any "outdoor time" :race:

I had avoided the mesh for the lack of protection and I was fine out in Nevada, but after two weeks here in Virginia the humidity finally got to me. Definitely prefer the dry desert summers...

Anyway, got a Frank Thomas job that has enough padding/armour to (hopefully) make a difference. My logic is to restrict it's use to in-town only, hoping the lower speeds will offset the flimsy build. Better than a long-sleeveed Harley tee I guess...