Griso

Guest Gren

Guest Gren

Hi there I'm thinking about getting a Guzzi griso & I'm after some advice as to what it's like to own a Guzzi.?? I've promised myself a Guzzi since I was 9yrs old & now I got a chance to buy one but I need some advice from Guzzi owners, I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 so I'm use to a big bike (which has been streetfightered) but I need something for the quieter days in my life as I live on the Isle of man & there are no motorways here or dual carriages just cool sweeping B roads to ride on any advice would be great.

Cheers Gren.

Guest frankdugo

hey gren,i'm sure you have read through the threads. from all accounts the griso is a "well sorted machine".like all guzzi's it will not be as fault free as a asian machine,but a much more rider friendly bike & the intangible that makes owners love them. good luck!

Hi there I'm thinking about getting a Guzzi griso & I'm after some advice as to what it's like to own a Guzzi.?? I've promised myself a Guzzi since I was 9yrs old & now I got a chance to buy one but I need some advice from Guzzi owners, I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 so I'm use to a big bike (which has been streetfightered) but I need something for the quieter days in my life as I live on the Isle of man & there are no motorways here or dual carriages just cool sweeping B roads to ride on any advice would be great.

Cheers Gren.

Any of the Guzzis will be good for those cool sweeping B roads.

Go modern and get a Griso. It has benefited from investment and improvement and is better put-together overall. As a design it has its quirks, but you can see that – and decide if you like it.

Mind you, it's not really a bike for the quieter days. It likes revs. :race:

Guest Gren

Hi there thanx for the feed back is there any bad things to look out for with these bike's..??? are they like other v-twin's to ride I mean the v-twin feel big and lazy type of power delivery.??? or are they alot different in feel.??? :bike:

I also promised myself a guzzi about a year ago. I own one since this may. Didnt have the cash for a griso (more up to date), but my v11 sport looks much better. Still needs some tuning and gremlin hunting.

It's as Frankdugosaid it it's not as fault free as a Jap, but it makes you love it. :wub:

Hi there thanx for the feed back is there any bad things to look out for with these bike's..??? are they like other v-twin's to ride I mean the v-twin feel big and lazy type of power delivery.??? or are they alot different in feel.??? :bike:

The 1100 Griso may have more of the feel that you are looking for than the 8V 1200, plus you will find one for a lot less money.

The V.11 is more 'basic' than the newer bikes. To a large degree, that is a good thing.

I wouldn't describe either the V.11 or the Griso as 'lazy' v-twins. They're fairly heavy, they're long and they're stable, so maybe that puts them towards the lazy end. They have manageable power and quite adequate power and if you wind them up – they go fast.

If it's a different sort of lazy lope-along v-twin thing, have you considered the older California or the newer, expensive, California Vintage? They're probably happier to rumble along at lower revs.

The new Bellagio seems good. There's also the Breva

and the V.11 Tenni model :o.

They should all be generally reliable and they are easy to work on. The newer ones are getting complicated with added electronics.

Guest Gren
The 1100 Griso may have more of the feel that you are looking for than the 8V 1200, plus you will find one for a lot less money.

The V.11 is more 'basic' than the newer bikes. To a large degree, that is a good thing.

I wouldn't describe either the V.11 or the Griso as 'lazy' v-twins. They're fairly heavy, they're long and they're stable, so maybe that puts them towards the lazy end. They have manageable power and quite adequate power and if you wind them up – they go fast.

If it's a different sort of lazy lope-along v-twin thing, have you considered the older California or the newer, expensive, California Vintage? They're probably happier to rumble along at lower revs.

The new Bellagio seems good. There's also the Breva

and the V.11 Tenni model :o <– 'in-joke' ;).

They should all be generally reliable and they are easy to work on. The newer ones are getting complicated with added electronics.

Cheers "belfastguzzi" thats been good info I'll probaly get the Griso 1100 to be honest like u said it's a little bit cheaper to buy, so I'll just have to try and find a guzzi owners club for all guzzi's as this is only V11's & Le Mans anyway cheers again. :D

Cheers "belfastguzzi" thats been good info I'll probaly get the Griso 1100 to be honest like u said it's a little bit cheaper to buy, so I'll just have to try and find a guzzi owners club for all guzzi's as this is only V11's & Le Mans anyway cheers again. :D

You can always lurk here, whether you're truly a "spiney" rider or not, but there's also the wildguzzi.com/forum site and guzzitech.com (home of mg-griso.com, etc.) to keep you busy.

Ciao!

As an owner of both an 1100 and a 1200 I'd stongly suggest that you ride both before making your decision. Not to disparage the 1100, I have had mine for two years and 38,000Kms and it has been both enjoyable and practically faultless, but the 1200 is in a completely different league as far as engine performance is concerned.

Pete