Stebel Horn

FalcoLion

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with Stebel TM80 Magnum horns. Even though I got an additional relay sent out to me do I really need to install it. TM80 Magnums are supposed to be direct OEM replacement. These are not FIAMM but are Stebel.

If you click on TM80 Magnum then you can find tech specs right there. So electrical gurus could you please tell me if I need relay or not.

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with Stebel TM80 Magnum horns. Even though I got an additional relay sent out to me do I really need to install it. TM80 Magnums are supposed to be direct OEM replacement. These are not FIAMM but are Stebel.

If you click on TM80 Magnum then you can find tech specs right there. So electrical gurus could you please tell me if I need relay or not.

Thanks

I vote 'relay' with a dedicated power wire from the battery. You could just plug them in to the factory harness, but all the power goes through the switch and its rather small wiring.

The V11 has unlike other Guzzis no relay installed for the signal horns. :o

So I would install one as the switch gear will not cope for a very long time with the 12 A a pair of these horns are pulling from the battery.

The V11 has unlike other Guzzis no relay installed for the signal horns. :o

So I would install one as the switch gear will not cope for a very long time with the 12 A a pair of these horns are pulling from the battery.

That what I thought after reading all the posts. Thankfully a lot of people here have excellent knowledge

FalcoLion, I've had the same idea too. I've seen this set of horns in Griots Garage catalog for a while now and thought they would look good on the Nero. They are also available here ($65.00), along with specs, etc: Hella horn

These draw 6 amps per the specs. The stock horns are 3" in diameter, these are nearly 4 7/8", so mounting them in the stock location probably would not happen. Maybe drawing half the amps a relay could be avoided. :huh2:

Hella_horns.jpg

FalcoLion, I've had the same idea too. I've seen this set of horns in Griots Garage catalog for a while now and thought they would look good on the Nero. They are also available here ($65.00), along with specs, etc: Hella horn

These draw 6 amps per the specs. The stock horns are 3" in diameter, these are nearly 4 7/8", so mounting them in the stock location probably would not happen. Maybe drawing half the amps a relay could be avoided. :huh2:

You can try to mount them right inside of eash side fairing. Do a search on FIAMM Horns and you will see that someone did that already and it looks nice

Twice on the recent South'n Spine Raid, the FIAMMs were immensely useful. Once they turned two dogs around who were on a downhill run into our path. And a second dog was stopped in his tracks: this was the BIGGEST DAMN DOG I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!! :o He was as big as my Sport and stopped on the center line. I thought I saw a little tire smoke waft up from his front paws! ;)

I don't think my stock 'squeakers' would have had the same effect.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep your receipt for the Stebel.

I've gone through three of the Nautilus and only one made it past warranty before dying.

Switched to dual FIAMMs, high/low AND retained the direct wiring with relay. No problems since.