VA Sean heads for The Hills...

rocker59

Talked to Sean Saturday morning in Asheville, NC. He's headed West towards the National in Malibu.

Saturday night he pulled into a motel in Nashville, unloaded, then went to eat. When he got back from eating he noticed something strange as he walked past his Coppa Italia. Yep. Flat tire.

He decided not to mess with it in the dark, so Sunday morning he got up and broke out his handy-dandy plug kit. Seems it was a small piece of a razor he must've picked up just before arriving at his motel. One plug, a little air, and he is good to go.

He fought storms around Asheville, North Carolina. Fixed a flat. Two days into his three week trip and it's already becoming an adventure.

He arrived here in Fayetteville sometime around suppertime Sunday Night after a 500 mile day on his Coppa Italia.

In the last 50 miles he did get to sample some of our roads here. Hwy-23 North from Ozark, then Hwy-16 West into Fayetteville. Tina and I had some good food cooking so we sat down immediately and chowed down:

313880523_E2AVv-M.jpg

313880934_6UpsK-M.jpg

313880098_PAkGX-M.jpg

He arrived just before the evening thunderstorm, so we didn't go check out the scene on Dickson Street. He's headed for Houston next...

The plugged tire. Holding up pretty well, but lost a few pounds on the ride Yesterday:

314120897_nwxAn-M.jpg

VA Sean and Rocker59:

314122163_sfjJW-M.jpg

Back on the road. Headed towards Houston:

314121798_tE6h9-M.jpg

Sean got a little taste of The Hills yesterday when he got off of I-40 at Ozark and ran AR-23 and AR-16 North into Fayetteville. His route South today will include backtracking on "The Pig Trail", and a ride across "Talimena Drive" before grabbing US-259 South and US-59 South heading towards Houston.

205924311_Jh8GS-M.jpg

He's becoming a regular LD rider! 500 miles yesterday. Probably about 550 miles today!

Sorry I'll be missing the party in Houston...

So much red meat , so little time\.\.\.

If we can get VASean to stop here in Tn on the way back, we'll get up a 'mess' of bean sprouts and tofu so he can decompress before arriving home.

OK, and it's true . . .I ain't got no 'Tina" . . .

(I'm thinking Sean will pass to the north (at 80 mph) and pass on the bean sprouts . . . B)

June 18. Update from Houston thanks to Bushpilot:

Looks like Sean caught another night of quality rest & limited de-hydration...

he headed out this morning to meet Pete @ MPH where theyll both head for

points west (Odessa, Texas tonight).

He's got new tires and a new speedo...so no excuses for running outta fuel,

picking up "HAGANS" or getting a speeding ticket...

Sean-Departs-for-Points-WEST.jpg

Dsc_1558.jpg

Any chance Sean and Pete will meet up with Lori and the Relay rally crew heading from Minnesota, through South Dakota, through???

Perhaps meeting in Salt Lake City??? Or Las Vegas??????

http://journal.nationalguzzirelay.com/

I doubt it.

As far as I know, Pete and Sean will be in Santa Fe Thursday Night. I hear they're going to meet up with "santaferider" while there.

The next stop after Santa Fe is Phoenix.

Marcelo (santaferider) sends news of Pete and Sean who were in Santa Fe last night:

never, ever, allow this guy to tell you he can outdrink you...

316557757_5RZpE-L.jpg

here are Pete and Sean before the competition. You can see Pete is worried and Sean, ever the lawyer, appears super-confident

316557745_pjza8-L.jpg

here is Sean celebrating victory

316557779_FPTw8-L.jpg

...and Pete, trying to cope with shame. Something about altitude and jet-lag

316557787_W95sX-L.jpg

Actually, piss-taking apart, it was very nice to have them. Sorry, no more photos. Sean got involved in a conversation with Penelope after Pete passed out and I got involved in preparing a late dinner.

Thanks for the reports and the pics. I knew I was missing something while I was changing the oil in my Jeep today . . .

And picking my Sport up out of that slimy creek crossing . . .

After we left Santa Fe I;

Dropped my cellphone on the freeway!

Fell off the Scura on 190 in New Mexico

Broke down in some place that if it wasn't called Bastard it should of been in Arizona.

All in all that wasn't the best of days :D

Not much damage from the spill, (Caused by gravel on the road and me pushing too hard like an idiot.) broken brake lever, plug and cap. That's it!!!! Breakdown was the relays, (two of them at once!) going tits-up in the heat. we simply jury rigged it by playing musical relays till we got to Bastard's sister town of Bumf@ck where we picked up a couple of new ones at an auto parts place along with a plug and cap. The Kawasaki shop in Bumf@ck didn't have, or even know, what a TIG welder was and anyway they couldn't repair a lever because of 'Liability Issues' :rolleyes: Useless retards! I only use the rear brake for steering anyhow so I just rode on to LA and Jon who I'm staying with had one of his crashed LeMans so everything is tickety boo again.

It's a great little bike now the springs and clutch are done and MPH tuned it beautifully, it runs faultlessly. Top stuff!

Pete