Trip to Deals Gap NC TN

waspp

My son and I planned on a trip to deals gap around the national SV rally of which he is a member. It ended up as 4 of us taking a truck and trailer down to North Carolina so we could drive straight through the 950 miles and have more riding time once there. As it turned out we had truck issues which extended our trip by 3 days.This NC and TN mountain area is a fantastic place to ride a motorcycle and that is clearly evident on the weekends when the area floods with bikes of all makes and sizes. "the Dragon' as its called is a section of highway 129 which is a twisty mountain pass with 318 curves in 11 miles! Along with that awesome stretch of road is the Cherohala skyway, foot hills parkway and the hellbender section of rt28. If you ever get the chance be sure and check it out, its a blast.

Hal

A video of my son in the 'Dragon"

A few pics

DSCF4372.jpg

Yes they drive tractor trailers down that road we saw three hung up because the road is so tight.

DSCF4147.jpg

DSCF4498.jpg

DSCF4404.jpg

Digging the Guzzi out of a corner

img_4349.jpg

a few more pics here: http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u129/WA...DD/Deals%20Gap/

Hey, 'least he left a little gap for us bikes to get by on the outside . . .

Great roads and great area . . . come to the South'n Spine Raid next year!

Hey, 'least he left a little gap for us bikes to get by on the outside . . .

Great roads and great area . . . come to the South'n Spine Raid next year!

I met a guy named Jeremy on a Billybob down there who mentioned the south spine raid, sounds like fun. I guess some hoodlums come up from Atlanta area and terrorize the mountain folk. :D

• 10 months later...