How about TPO dragon plug wires?

Guest John T

:huh2: ... I dunno, talk to a lot of people, and they'll say "quality" wires are all pretty much comparable. I think it's much like the inevitable "oil thread" every motorcycle forum sees once a year :P

But that being said, I bought NGK "race" wires for about the same for my dual-plug project. And I know NGK makes quality products.

al

I like to build stereo equipment- amps/preamps/whatnot. The amount of BS that people push on those forums is unbelievable. Over there, its the debate between oxygen-free copper wire and '5 nines' silver. Which one gives better base or more accurate vocal reproduction. A lot of the same snake oil (well put earlier) is purported here, I'm afraid. Not as bad though- we're not as gullible :homer: I hope. A spark plug wire is a spark plug wire- as long as it's well made with good connections and decent wire and a supple insulator. Maybe it just rubs me wrong that the wire is 'superconductor'. If you have 'superconducting' wire at room temp (never mind over a hot engine), then buddy I'll make us a mint. I know- it's a a marketing gimmick. I'm sure they are fine wires- I honestly never heard of them before, so I won't disparage them. But before you buy them- check the angles on the boots- they are obtuse, not 90^o like stock.

I do like the fact that the guy (or gal) lives in Bryan, TX. My grandparents lived there, and my grandfather was the one who got me into motorcycles. :bike:

Cheers,

Jason

I'll go have my coffee now, and crawl back under my rock.

They look like excellent wires that should provide many years of excellent performance.

The only thing that I don't like is snake oil talk on his website.

Sure they will improve performance, but the difference between wires is usually pretty minimal. However I am running a pair of $3 carbon or graphite strand wires, which I would not be suprised if I switched to a better wire might give noticeably better ignition.

They seem to do as well as the stock did.

Yanking on cheap wires can destroy them, so I don't yank them.

I do think that magnetic suppression is superior because it does not break down, it has lower resistance, and better noise suppression. Also thicker insulation is better, no doubt.

http://www.tpoparts.com/products/racingwire.html

You might be able to save a little money by getting their universal wires.

I like to build stereo equipment- amps/preamps/whatnot. The amount of BS that people push on those forums is unbelievable. Over there, its the debate between oxygen-free copper wire and '5 nines' silver. Which one gives better base or more accurate vocal reproduction. A lot of the same snake oil (well put earlier) is purported here, I'm afraid. Not as bad though- we're not as gullible :homer: I hope. A spark plug wire is a spark plug wire- as long as it's well made with good connections and decent wire and a supple insulator. Maybe it just rubs me wrong that the wire is 'superconductor'. If you have 'superconducting' wire at room temp (never mind over a hot engine), then buddy I'll make us a mint. I know- it's a a marketing gimmick. I'm sure they are fine wires- I honestly never heard of them before, so I won't disparage them. But before you buy them- check the angles on the boots- they are obtuse, not 90^o like stock.

I do like the fact that the guy (or gal) lives in Bryan, TX. My grandparents lived there, and my grandfather was the one who got me into motorcycles. :bike:

Cheers,

Jason

I'll go have my coffee now, and crawl back under my rock.

...oh come on, you don't buy into long-grain super oxygen free copper hexagonal super twist air core dielectric oval copper braid speaker cable!? ;)

I do like my Analysis Plus Oval 12's though. They're purple, and everyone knows that purple cables sound better ^_^

al

Guest JohnInNH

I have yet to hear a difference between speaker wire and good old extension cord wire. As long as good connectors are used *I* can not tell a difference. Granted my ears have been in the wind a lot. But my military experience did the most damage.

The M60 and the 105 mm did nothing to improve my hearing . :blink: The 50 BMG (M85 with the short barrel) was loud! BRRAAAAA

I hurt thinking about it.

...oh come on, you don't buy into long-grain super oxygen free copper hexagonal super twist air core dielectric oval copper braid speaker cable!? ;)

I do like my Analysis Plus Oval 12's though. They're purple, and everyone knows that purple cables sound better ^_^

al

Nah, cables don't do nuthin' for me. But I do have the cryo-treated organic quantum filtered resonance damping adherence mat for overtone suppression and dielectric filter passivation. That gives a blacker background with extended dynamic range in the triode-based feedback circuit for enhanced signal to nose- I mean noise. And its purple too. :thumbsup:

J

Just checked a JEG's catalog. $58.99 for a set for a chevy 350. That is enough wire for 4 MG's. Seems like someone is out to make a easy buck.

I also agree with the snake oil. But whatever happened to the flat speaker wire. Can't recall the name.... Now those pricey things were cool.

Just checked a JEG's catalog. $58.99 for a set for a chevy 350. That is enough wire for 4 MG's. Seems like someone is out to make a easy buck.

If you want custom fit I think you'll have to pay about $84 for an 8 cylinder 8.5mm universal set.

http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/593/v/2/

Compare that to $35 for a two cylinder 8.5mm universal kit from TPO parts.

If someone wants to buy an 8 cylinder kit, I'll give you $21 plus $9 shipping and handling for one fourth of the Universal kit.

I also agree with the snake oil. But whatever happened to the flat speaker wire. Can't recall the name.... Now those pricey things were cool.

www.nordost.com

or if you like homebrew:

http://www.geocities.com/rjm003.geo/rjmaudio/spk.html

I make all my own interconnects and speaker cable nowadays. Cheap. Effective. The flat cable can be made from computer data wire. Works fine, but it's a mess getting a linear array of wires to go into a round connector.

Cheers,

Jason