Buell 1125 streetfighter

Tom M

This would be cool if they could do something less ugly with those radiators. The big power and light weight sound like fun! 146hp, 170kg/375lb.

2009buell1125cr.jpg

2009buell1125cr2.jpg

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/07/...9-buell-1125cr/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/new...ell-2009-range/

:2c: I'd still like to see that motor in a half faired sport-tourer. Same goes for the Speed Triple.

Guest frankdugo

sure would like the guzzi to gobble that much air! not at the price of the looks though. aside from those intakes it is a good looking bike,and the weight /hp is impressive.thanks for the photo

I agree. I thought those scoops were ugly in photos, but when I saw it in person (on the sportbike version) I was impressed. In black, it looked great (scoops and all).

Apart from the hideous scoops, I don't like the enormous "third wheel" on the rear left side. But I think it's a hoot to ride!

Agreed, but that's the price of the low-maintenance, more efficient belt drive. Rubber teeth are weaker than metal ones, so you need more of them in contact to xfer the power... :nerd:

I have not seen the sreet fighter version in person, but the sportbike version looks great in person (looks bad in photos). And red is probably a bad color for it (red usually is a bad color for any bike).

I would buy one, in fact I want one. Since Guzzi won't make a street legal MGS01 I may end upwith a Buell(again).

I thought, " Hmmmm, Maybe those FUGLY scoops will look really cool in real life..." when I saw the first pictures. Then I went to see it at the local Mega-Mart, LOUD, short on serious riding equipment, fully O.D.ed and jacked on yerself, WOW, look at sum of these prices! CROWDED emporium, pushing gymshoes, and colonges, and food, and the guy BITCHING LOUDLY that the details in his cartoon bike in the T- shirt his wife bought him weren't MODEL SPECIFIC,...oh, and we sell Harleys too, place.

When I turned, and saw it, for the first time, (in the dark blue/black, which I really liked), I went ;):doh: ... :huh: ... :vomit:

It was, in a couple of words, "TOO WIDEISH" for my tastes.

...and yes, Red again F's UP most any bike.

But you don't look at it when you ride it, and I bet I would LOVE IT. :race: , Carry on, at a brisk pace, S.H.

P.S. God, I LOVE my local shop...it SMELLS like a shop should, MOTORCYCLES... :notworthy::mg::wub:

The magazine articles have been just hard enough on this thing to pique my interest, that's for sure. Awaiting feedback from the first testride of a forum member...

:bike:

That, to me, is the biggest stumbling block. At this point, the local shops I'ved checked at don't do test rides on the 1125. Ihope they will change that policy. Because while I've not test rode a single bike I've ever bought before buying it I would not buy a Buell again without test riding it.