Visiting the factory - advice?

Molly

Going to be in Italy in about two weeks for a holiday and would like to visit the Guzzi factory / museum. Does anybody have a link to up-to-date visitor information? I can't seem to find any.

Many thanks.

...and be smart enough not to go on a Sunday. I knew the entire place was closed, but took a cab to get there anyway, just to see what it looked like. If you touch the front door, your relays will last forever!

As Paul already pointed out: the factory and museum are closed in August (August THE holiday month in Italy). So, save yourself the trip and try to go at another time.

Check the open times too they used to be a bit odd, ie 3pm to 5pm or something similar and bring me back a free sample :D

A sample of . . . relay juice?

I've resorted to applying copious quantities of Chianti as *she* seems a bit pissed off about the single malts . . .

I visited the factory last Tuesday. They are open one hour each day, at 3 pm to 4 pm. No entrance fee. I don't know if it closed in August or at weekends. A couple of days later we visited the BMW museum in Munich. You just can't compare those two :lol:

Oh, and I adjusted my valve lash at the camping site in Mandello. I reckon they will never have to be adjusted again :P

I'm reading this thread with much interest.

In 2 wks, I'm heading off to Europe, spending 4 days in Munich where among other things we'll be taking in the newly redone BMW museum, then, riding bikes through 6 countries playing in the Alps & Dolomites. After 14 days of this bliss, the group of 4 guys are heading at high speed back into Italia, for back door tours of Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta, Ducati, Benelli, Piaggio, Aprilia, as well as stopping by Arturo Magni's shop, and stopping by Mr. Laverda's estate to visit, and see his collection of Laverda Corse machinery including the fantastic V6.

To say I'm pumped would be an understatement.

Steve