V11 light alloy whells

Slavomir Musilek (R.I.P.)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That cush looks better (cushier) than the Marvic. The Marvic has next to no give. The question is if they make a MG sized spline drive to plug in.

\/ marvic ---------------------------------- durrani \/

IMG_3531.JPG

510overview_clip_image003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
so Dan, whats it like to drive now?

The steering is noticeably lighter. I'm sure some of that can be attributed to the switching to the taller, narrower 170/60 rear tire.

I'm definitely interested in the Durrani wheels. I also sent an email.

UPDATE:

Sheryar Durrani, the founder and Chief Engineer of DES, called me back. See: http://www.durraniracing.com/510.html . That is a great way to get your attention.

He had a lot of great input & genuine interest. If any forum member is in the Detroit, MI area, Durrani would be interested in taking measurements of the V11 rear wheel. Farmington Hills, MI is where Durrani is located and is less than 30 miles northwest of Detroit (according to Google Maps)

The cost for getting a new light weight wheel for shaft drive may not be as much as you think. A group purchase from even as little as 4-5 forum members would make it affordable, especially considering the other brands.

It sounds like the price would come under the competition even when they have to add some initial costs to add the shaft drive model to their lineup.

I sent Sheryar a link to this forum topic.

I'm definitely interested in the Durrani wheels. I also sent an email.

UPDATE:

Sheryar Durrani, the founder and Chief Engineer of DES, called me back.

A group purchase from even as little as 4-5 forum members would make it affordable, especially considering the other brands.

It sounds like the price would come under the competition even when they have to add some initial costs to add the shaft drive model to their lineup.

I sent Sheryar a link to this forum topic.

I didn't get a call, but I'm still in if they build the adapters for the V-11.

Very interested to see if this pans out, always wanted to upgrade to OZ wheels but missed that boat. I remember a picture of a Cafe Sport with OZ rims on this site... yummm!

"Longish"?? 200+ Pages :o

I couldn't get anything out of that thread other than people think (or thought) these wheels are vapor ware, I just don't have the time or patience to sift through it all. That thread needs a BS filter ;)