Need more help with Tekno bags

RHIP

I think I've figured out how to mount the brackets on my Rosso for the Guzzi Tekno luggage (no instructions came with the set) - but I can't figure out where to mount, or even the purpose of the two small triangular bits that are screwed on to the frame rails for the bags. Can anyone help me out with this?

I also found the key for the bags - are you really supposed to reach inside the bag after it's packed with junk to find the keyhole to lock or unlock the bags?

Thanks!

I think I've figured out how to mount the brackets on my Rosso for the Guzzi Tekno luggage (no instructions came with the set) - but I can't figure out where to mount, or even the purpose of the two small triangular bits that are screwed on to the frame rails for the bags. Can anyone help me out with this?

Not sure- I'll look, but I don't remember any triangular pieces. There's a couple of (moveable) plastic stops that fix the bags in place on the rails...

I also found the key for the bags - are you really supposed to reach inside the bag after it's packed with junk to find the keyhole to lock or unlock the bags?

Thanks!

Uh, yes. Clever design, eh?

Right - it's the moveable plastic bits that baffle me. Do you attach the bags, center them where you think they should rest, and then attach these? I have two per bag -do I put one on each rail, or one on the top and one on the bottom?

Right - it's the moveable plastic bits that baffle me. Do you attach the bags, center them where you think they should rest, and then attach these? I have two per bag -do I put one on each rail, or one on the top and one on the bottom?

Spot on! They prevent sliding of the bags.

When I bought the Rosso Mandello, my dealer, Judson Cycle Sales (the best!) included these with the purchase. The mounts look like they had been installed on a bike, but the bags are new - I think he had them in stock all this time.

All of the photos I've seen of the racks on V 11's show one plastic bit on the top rail only - I have a total of four, and am wondering if two are to be used per side, and how they are mounted. If anyone out there actually has the original written instructions for these racks, I would really appreciate it if they could be scanned and sent to me. Lake Como will part for you, and after you ride up the shore to Mandello, will close behind you, engulfing all of those pursuing Ducatis.

When I bought the Rosso Mandello, my dealer, Judson Cycle Sales (the best!) included these with the purchase. The mounts look like they had been installed on a bike, but the bags are new - I think he had them in stock all this time.

All of the photos I've seen of the racks on V 11's show one plastic bit on the top rail only - I have a total of four, and am wondering if two are to be used per side, and how they are mounted. If anyone out there actually has the original written instructions for these racks, I would really appreciate it if they could be scanned and sent to me. Lake Como will part for you, and after you ride up the shore to Mandello, will close behind you, engulfing all of those pursuing Ducatis.

I'm a bit busy to post pix of mine but this might help: two plastic bits on each side. unscrew them and place one on each end of the top rail. orient them so you can adjust the screws with the bags on the bike. One goes in front of the bag, one behind to keep it from sliding fore and aft during riding. that's it. tighten them down when you have the bags where you want. hope that helps.